• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 365 question

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet would be to call them and ask them directly. It'll only take a few minutes, but you'll know for sure in less time than it will take here.

Dennis422

Your best bet would be to call them and ask them directly. It'll only take a few minutes, but you'll know for sure in less time than it will take here.

Did that. Guy did not know the difference between solvent and latex :(

Dennis422

Why I'm asking is, if I need some decals printed in a pinch, I order it from them and then I realized today that they have shipped them in less than 24 hours from the time I ordered.
If they use Latex, that is OK, but if they use Solvent, where is the outgas time?
The guy I talked to mentioned something about dry lamination, and I was wondering if that will help any if the prints are printed with solvent inks?

Not trying to badmouth them, just wondering if they use Latex so they could laminate right away.

I usually use one of the merchant members here for bigger stuff, but if I need smaller stuff in a pinch, I go to 365.

Locals Find!

They use solvent printers. I called over a year ago and someone answered that apparently was more knowledgeable then whoever you got on the phone.

Signs365

Merchant Member
Sorry for any confusion guys. The adhesives are solvent printed and finished with matching film laminate for the specific product/brand. Our 3M and Orajet products remain on our standard 24 hour production schedule with the upgraded Next Day Air shipping at no additional charge. Same day production may be offered on these products soon to assist if you have a rush job in house. PM me if I can further assist in any way.

HulkSmash

Sorry for any confusion guys. The adhesives are solvent printed and finished with matching film laminate for the specific product/brand. Our 3M and Orajet products remain on our standard 24 hour production schedule with the upgraded Next Day Air shipping at no additional charge. Same day production may be offered on these products soon to assist if you have a rush job in house. PM me if I can further assist in any way.

You're missing it. He's afraid you didn't let the solvent out gas before laminating.

For stickers it really don't matter... but that's his concern.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did that. Guy did not know the difference between solvent and latex :(

Wow........ that's p!ss poor customer service. Might've helped to ask for someone that would know and requested someone with common knowledge of such things, but that's still no excuse for stoopid people answering the phone and not offering further help for you. Good luck.

Dennis422

Wow........ that's p!ss poor customer service. Might've helped to ask for someone that would know and requested someone with common knowledge of such things, but that's still no excuse for stoopid people answering the phone and not offering further help for you. Good luck.

He did ask someone about it and came back with a dry laminate answer, but I agree, if you are working as a CS rep in a sign printing co. you should know the difference.

John Butto

Is not the 365 guy the one who flew coast to coast to deliver a $25 banner. This guy needs a break from the grief. Sounds like they put out a good product from a lot of people's reviews. If you have to rely on someone doing the work for you then do your own homework and private message him and he seems like a responsive person to answer your questions.

Dennis422

Is not the 365 guy the one who flew coast to coast to deliver a $25 banner. This guy needs a break from the grief. Sounds like they put out a good product from a lot of people's reviews. If you have to rely on someone doing the work for you then do your own homework and private message him and he seems like a responsive person to answer your questions.

No grief and no complains, and yes they do a good job. This was not supposed to be a rant on Signs 356.
Just wondering what they use. If they do not alow vinyl to outgasm maybe they should start doing that.

As someone mentioned, for decals it might not matter, but for the bigger stuff they might want to keep it in house for an extra day.

And, I did not know that they are on Signs 101, there was a talk that they were MM and that they stopped using the forum. You can not PM someone if they do not use the forum. Right?

My only complain would be that they should train CS reps a bit better, thats all

Dennis422

The only time not outgassing is a problem with solvent printed decals is when they have heavy ink coverage with a bleed. You would be amazed how much a material such as Oracal 3651 with 210 laminate will shrink back (on the sheet nonetheless) after being printed/laminated/shape cut too quickly. This shrinking will continue after being applied, leaving the end user with an ugly shrunken adhesive outline around the decal.

That being said.....if you request next day/same day service....you should be aware and/or warned of this potential issue. If they're latex or UV printed then this wouldn't be an issue.

No same day requested, just a regular turnaround, which is next day.

Yes, rich black with full bleed on 3651/210

3x7" rectangle decal