• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signs around Wells Beach Maine!

Marlene

just got back from a vacation in Wells Beach Maine and am wondring if the maker or makers of all the beautiful signs around that area are members on the site. the workmanship on most of the signs is more like art than a sign. there also is a lot of finial work and realy cool brackets. one sign I liked was for a cooking school/resturant in the York area. they had gold leaf scroll work under the sign that just was a joy to look at. I don't think I have seen so much gold leaf on signs as I did last week. all of it used in great ways. nice work to those who made these signs!

Nuagedesigns

I see I'm not the only one that goes on vacation and constantly looks at other signs. I love seeing the different styles and techniques in different areas of the country and how they set the atmosphere of the towns or cities. I feel as though I have more pictures of signs on my family vacations than I do of people. Ooooppps

any pics?

Craig Sjoquist

Shucks no pictures, was hoping seeing the thread title.

Also like to see from other countries other then English speaking, colors, styles, layout, decorative art it all very cool to see.

When I get a new camera my 1st plans are to go around Orlando and take a bunch of pictures.

Jack Knight1979

I would have loved to have seen some photos. We have a couple of carvers in the area that do some great work. I don't know if any of them make it to Wells.

Marlene

Shucks no pictures, was hoping seeing the thread title.

I have no photos because I am a pinhead and didn't pack the camera! it was a running joke all week as we'd see something and hubby would bring up the no camera.

these signs are really beautiful, my bad for no photos!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did I tell you I saw Bigfoot running down between the trees Saturday night, just before dusk. He was so close, I could've almost touched him. :omg:

Also, there was a herd of Unicorns grazing out in the fields the other night. Carol was riding one of them and it actually started to fly until she reigned him back down and landed in the clover. :popcorn:

Last night, there were so many lightening bugs out, it lit up the field like daylight and then 1,000's of humming birds hovered around and just landed on our arms, head and shoulders and picked us up. :wink: Those little guys are really very strong. Much stronger than you'd ever imagine. :tongue:

And guess what, my camera was out in the truck each time and I couldn't take myself away from this stuff to take pictures............. :ROFLMAO:

Haha Marlene, been there/done that so many times. :toasting:

At least you had a great time.

SignManiac

All of New England has some of the most beautiful signs you will find anywhere. Those kind of signs are very typical. Nearly every sign I did when I lived in the Hamptons for twenty five years was carved, blasted and had lots of gold leaf. In fact, that was about the only kind of sign you were allowed to have after being approved by a design review board. You were not allowed to have any kind of back lit illuminated sign for your business. The sign ordinance was very strict. Just shows what a good ordinance can do for the look of a community.

Malkin

Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

I know a very talented sign guy who made his living in the town of Kennebunk (close to Wells). He has since moved up the coast a ways and also worked for us for a time. His name is Paul Samuels, but I don't think he is on here...