• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs & Caricatures in Oklahoma

a+signgal

Hi Ya'll,
I have two businesses. A+ Sign Gal and Caricature Creations by the Okie Artist. I have been in the sign business since the gerber 4b if that tells you anything. A long time. I started out in the sign industry in California doing window splashes and built a full time business painting windows. Customers started asking for window lettering with vinyl and other signage. I met a lady at the right time the became my mentor. Aileen Alves started cutting vinyl on her gerber 4B for me to put on windows. She didn't want to go out and install vinyl. Eventially I had my own equipment and the rest is history. In our shop here in Oklahoma we do signs and banners using vinly, digital, and thremal printing. I bought a Mutoh falcon Jr. three years ago and as an artist I am having a blast. I have been able to incorporate my own cartoons and caricatures of my clients into my signs. I am currently looking to upgrade equipment again and buy a large format laminator so I can do vehicle wraps. I went to the SGIA show in Texas last month and bought a sublimation printer.I also upgraded corel draw and added alien skins. I can't wait to find time to play with the new toys. We pride outselves in keeping up with technology and keeping a creative edge to stay ahead of the competition.
With Caricature Creations I book events and festivals to entertain drawing live caricatures using the airbrush for color. I also do studio work and sell my caricatures with rights for customers to use on their signage.
Well I guess you know enough about me now.
I'm looking forward to being an active member of this forum that I was refered to at the SGIA show.
Sign Gal

S

SignTech

Great intro! You seem nice, experienced and are actually in the sign business ........ somethings wrong here .......

Welcome aboard.

a+signgal

web samples

I am currently upgrading signgal.com to an e-commerce site, so you can go to the site and it looks nice, but there is no content uploaded yet. I have a web design and marketing firm working on it for me. To save on the cost they are going to show me how to upload the content myself. I had a regular site for quite a while, but I have had more customers wanting to order on-line to save time, so it seems going e-commerce is the direction of the future.
You can however go to the website for Caricature Creations to see my artwork and what I have been doing. It is due for an upgrade of content. I haven't posted any of this years events or travels yet, but it has a lot of fun stuff to look at. www.OkieArtist.com
If any of you need a caricature of a client for a sign you are doing let me know and I can draw it for you.
Toodles,
Sign Gal

a+signgal

weaselboogie artwork

Weaselboogie,
Your work look like that of an artist that has or is working for Kamen Arts. Do you do live caricatures at events like I do? Great work. I am a former Fasenite. I worked for Steve Fasen at Excalibur, MGM, Venitian, and New York New York several years ago. I draw with graphite and airbrush. I see you use marker and prismasticks which is what makes me think you are a Kamen Artist. Isn't it fun incorporating the caricatures into signage with the new digital rage? I love it. I just put a 5' caricature like cartoon of a cat on a window downtown. I named her Sassy Cat. They liked the name so much they changed the name of their candles and tea room to Sassy Cat Candles and Tea Room. I have attached a picture of her for you all to see.
Sign Gal

Attachments

• sassy cat  web image.jpg
    sassy cat web image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 87

weaselboogie

Took a 1 hour workshop on it and years of 'getting it right', but I've never worked for any caricature organization. I've been doing caricatures for 12 years, but only 8 years well and only the last 5 years I've really nailed down the time.
I just do caricautures on a very part-time basis.