• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs365 and flexi sign files

149motorsports

I'm having issues with sending files to signs365. They keep coming washed out with colors or the colors arent there.

The project I have is a 3ft by 6ft banner. I took a picture a guy send me and made it 3ftx6ft. Then added text over it and his sponsors for his race team. Then converted everything to outlines and hit export as a pdf (suppress options unchecked). I had it Scale to full size..... downsize bitmaps and include border are unchecked, but include contour cut paths had a check in it.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone give me a step by step guide to how they would send a file like this to signs365 or another printing company?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sindex Printing

The second photo isn't showing up. It sounds like there is a transparency issue on the pdf preset. I would try and save it as a pdfx1a that usually works 95% of the time with strange issues like that.

bannertime

Honestly, just send them full size RGB jpegs. If you have a color sensitive job, use a different vendor. Also, Flexi doesn't really offer a whole lot of settings for "pre-pressing" pdf files. So most the time I just export TIFF or JPEG when outsourcing from Flexi.

We've sent hundreds of jobs to 365 and always use JPEGs. Never had a complaint about the color. Have had other complaints, but never about color.

Oh, you also don't need to include Contour Paths unless you're doing a print/cut file.

visual800

I love flexi but when it comes to producing finished art I drag it over to illustrator and save as ai, eps or pdf. Flexi might be the color issue. I know the color difference between flexi and illustrator is huge, Illy colors are more true IMO

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We outsource larger banners and such to a similar service. Always rgb tiff (never jpg). That's what they prefer.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I export from Flexi as eps..never an Issue.

I myself am an EPS guy and it works every time. For some reason I have found that most signs101 guys hate EPS. I see a lot of people converting to TIFF or JPEG which baffles me because you designed in vector for a reason. Once you rasterize you are lowering the quality of the design. It works out for the most part and I am definitely nit picking but I see using an EPS or PDF file that preserves the vector art as not only superior to rasterized vector art, but more professional.

bannertime

I myself am an EPS guy and it works every time. For some reason I have found that most signs101 guys hate EPS. I see a lot of people converting to TIFF or JPEG which baffles me because you designed in vector for a reason. Once you rasterize you are lowering the quality of the design. It works out for the most part and I am definitely nit picking but I see using an EPS or PDF file that preserves the vector art as not only superior to rasterized vector art, but more professional.

I'd agree. We definitely use EPS and PDF, fully pre-pressed and print ready files for in house and higher quality out sourced jobs. Handheld items are always vector files with 300dpi rasters. Stuff that gets printed with outdoor 4 pass, who cares? A 150dpi RGB jpeg is going to be bulletproof option for it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I myself am an EPS guy and it works every time. For some reason I have found that most signs101 guys hate EPS...
I only hate eps format if gradients are used in the design. Making an eps out of gradients will result in a thousand "bands"/shapes of colors to make up the gradient. Pdf is the solution there. If the design is made up of various raster images then tiff is what we use.

149motorsports

The second photo isn't showing up. It sounds like there is a transparency issue on the pdf preset. I would try and save it as a pdfx1a that usually works 95% of the time with strange issues like that.

Where do I find the "PDFx1A" at? All I see when I click export as a PDF is PDF lol. I do not have any other programs besides flexi either.