• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignVox discussion

jkdbjj

We installed SignVox a couple weeks ago. Potentially I love the product. I have resigned to the fact, it is going to take time for it to feel like it fits.

It is making us change how we operate a little bit. I am curious about others whom have switched. Specifically, we are at the stage of customizing the products for our operation, and wonder if others did the same thing, or did you use a lot of the canned products and tweak them?

Also, if you don't mind, maybe list the steps you went through to fully implement the software into your business.
For example: Did you start by entering employees, tax information, customers, products, etc... Was there an order you followed?

Did any of you end up having to pay the SignVox people to come make it "work" for you, or were you able to ultimately do it all yourself?

jkdbjj

One of the issues I have run into, is I created a job that has about 35 line items. Talking to Kevin, he said it was perhaps the largest quote he had ever seen (in terms of line items). It is for a development company. Anyway, the problem came when I converted it to an actual job. All the line items showed up on the internal job board as separate jobs. I understand why it does that, but quickly understood, that the job board can be overwhelmed if one had a few jobs with lots of line items.

I am hoping I did it wrong, and there is another way, but if not, that is a weird aspect to get use to.

Kevin-shopVOX

One of the issues I have run into, is I created a job that has about 35 line items. Talking to Kevin, he said it was perhaps the largest quote he had ever seen (in terms of line items). It is for a development company. Anyway, the problem came when I converted it to an actual job. All the line items showed up on the internal job board as separate jobs. I understand why it does that, but quickly understood, that the job board can be overwhelmed if one had a few jobs with lots of line items.

I am hoping I did it wrong, and there is another way, but if not, that is a weird aspect to get use to.

You do manage the components of the order, the line items, which are the jobs. Sometimes people place install or design as separate line items. Those don't necessarily need to be jobs in that instance and can add more jobs to the board unnecessarily. To avoid that scenario, you would assign the line item of the sign to "require design" or "require install" and manage that as part of the sign requirements, though you may have billed them separately. That can reduce the number of jobs for that order on the board. Also when you are looking at your job board you can use filters to hide aspects. Filter by customer, by due date, by status etc. You could also use the production board to get a different visual or click on the status tabs to see just those jobs in a list. You can also assign a color to the job to visually see things a little faster.

It can be a long list if you do not use some of the sort features or add things that don't necessarily need to be on there, but might have because they were itemized on the order. The idea is that each order has individual items of different sizes, specs, due dates etc and you complete each one until the order is finished. It also helps to make sure you didn't miss anything on the order.

jkdbjj

It can be a long list if you do not use some of the sort features or add things that don't necessarily need to be on there, but might have because they were itemized on the order. The idea is that each order has individual items of different sizes, specs, due dates etc and you complete each one until the order is finished. It also helps to make sure you didn't miss anything on the order.
Yes, and I appreciate that feature actually.

Where we are at now, is trying to get the products setup, cause right now I am just doing custom on everything and free typing the information. This doesn't make us efficient at all, so at some point I need to better understand setting up pricing on the products and how to use them properly as line items.

There is a little confusion among us on how to exactly do certain line items, and I will make a list and send them to you. Taking baby steps for now.

StarSign

We ran it as a beta for two months with only myself dealing with the entering of materials and setting it up for operation. We use some of the canned materials but for the most part entered everything in fresh. We have used this as a great time to scrub out the junk and the one time customers from years ago. We then added one employee at a time so we didn't overwhelm the whole shop. Is it a learning curve? Yes, but every day it gets better and everyone at SignVox is a great help!!