Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signwarehouse 1204 printer auto clean

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Printme, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Printme

Printme New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    I have a SW Mutoh 1204AS printer about 2 1/2 years old...it will do a auto clean after every 3 hours of printing...in the setup menu #16 Auto Cleaning I have the waiting and printing time set to 0 and the before print is set to Off...Also in the set up menu under ink status it says 100% for all colors and never changes...the cleaning and ink status has been like this since it was new...I have in the last week updated to the new firmware with no changes to the above conditions...this printer has ONLY ever had original Mutoh ink carts installed...when it does the auto clean it does it right before a print...the printer works fine and if this is the way they are set up then that's life, and I will find a work around to the auto clean...

Just wondering if anyone else has the same printer model that does the auto clean when not set to or if your ink status always shows 100% on all colors??????????????????

HELLO from NC
    THANKS,
    Joey

Tags:
  2. customcreations

customcreations Member

Sep 1, 2007
    meridian, ms
    Mine is 4 1/2 years old and for the last 2 years it comes on every 6 hours to auto clean no matter what I set it to. I just turn it off now to keep it from doing it at night. My dealer was stumped when I asked about it.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I don't have a Mutoh but my printer self cleans every 45 minutes doesn't matter if it's on or off, it's been like that from day one 7+ years ago

4. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    With the rising ink costs, 3 hours seems a little excessive, and a huge waste of ink... I was informed from my printer tech when ordering through signwarehouse 24 hours would be perfectly fine.

I have mine set to do cleanings every 24 hours.. There are 2 areas you need to input this number. My machine has been functioning like this for 3 + years now with no issues.