• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signwarehouse 1204 printer auto clean

Printme

I have a SW Mutoh 1204AS printer about 2 1/2 years old...it will do a auto clean after every 3 hours of printing...in the setup menu #16 Auto Cleaning I have the waiting and printing time set to 0 and the before print is set to Off...Also in the set up menu under ink status it says 100% for all colors and never changes...the cleaning and ink status has been like this since it was new...I have in the last week updated to the new firmware with no changes to the above conditions...this printer has ONLY ever had original Mutoh ink carts installed...when it does the auto clean it does it right before a print...the printer works fine and if this is the way they are set up then that's life, and I will find a work around to the auto clean...

Just wondering if anyone else has the same printer model that does the auto clean when not set to or if your ink status always shows 100% on all colors??????????????????

HELLO from NC
THANKS,
Joey

customcreations

Mine is 4 1/2 years old and for the last 2 years it comes on every 6 hours to auto clean no matter what I set it to. I just turn it off now to keep it from doing it at night. My dealer was stumped when I asked about it.

ChicagoGraphics

I don't have a Mutoh but my printer self cleans every 45 minutes doesn't matter if it's on or off, it's been like that from day one 7+ years ago

With the rising ink costs, 3 hours seems a little excessive, and a huge waste of ink... I was informed from my printer tech when ordering through signwarehouse 24 hours would be perfectly fine.

I have mine set to do cleanings every 24 hours.. There are 2 areas you need to input this number. My machine has been functioning like this for 3 + years now with no issues.