• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signwarehouse Print Package

JT51

I have been in business for a couple years now outsourcing my prints to a local print shop. Now is the time to dive in and buy a printer package. My question is, I have around 20,000 to spend, is the signwarehouse package worth buying, or should I just look for a used setup in decent shape? Also, Where can you find used printers online.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're gonna want to ask yourself a few questions as to what kinda of printer do you really need and things to go with it.

• What's your target aaudience ??
  • Will you need a laminator ?? Probably
  • Do you need 30"..... 48"...... 54"..... 60" or more ??
  • Do you have the real estate to set up three big machines or two ??
  • Will you need software for designing properly or is ripping more important.... or both ??
  • A good ripping station is always nice.

JgS

I assume you are talking about This

I looked into it, but ended up going with a versacamm and laminator for about the same price. So I don't really have any experience with the printer or laminator. I do have a Q30 cutter and it works well.

JT51

The package I was looking at from signwarehouse was the 48" printer, 54" laminator and the 54" cutter. I have a 30' x 15' area that I was planning to keep the machines.

Right now I wrap mostly racecars and some commercial work: trucks, cars, vans, box trucks. I have always used 48" panels on vehicles. I really don't see the need for bigger then 48", but I haven't really used that much either so it's hard to say.

I have designing software now, I don't have any rip software at the moment though.

The reason I was looking at the signwarehouse print package was because of price. But I really don't know much about it other then what the company has to say about it. (Which they are always going to talk great about)

Dakotagrafx

Just a thought - before I bought my first printer I drove 5 hrs to a friend that had one just to see what was involved. it was a real eye opener. It is well worth a day to go learn about the maint., the process, and the equipment before jumping in. This is a major investment and commitment to continually care for the printer. Just my 2c

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
who will service this if you buy from signwarehouse- not them they do not travel to you.
Find a local dealer who you can count on!

Christian @ 2CT Media

There are lots of wholesalers here in AZ that would be a better investment than the signwarehouse package. AZ Pro Signs is a MM here and I know of a few other shops that would love to help you get started.

My personal experience/history with Signwarehouse is not very favorable so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Its tough to get service out of them and its even worse when they sub contract that work out to a horrible company who thinks its ok to break things and try to charge you for it.

thewvsignguy

We have the 1204 and the Q series cutter. I think the MUTOH prints great and having your printer separate from your cutter means more production. The SW worked for our needs at the time and knock on wood no real issues with either piece of equipment after 2+ years.

My biggest gripe about the 48" printer is the limited media selection and that stoopid waste ink tray. Others have found a way around the waste tray if you do a search. Not that you can't get 30", 40" 48" or 50" media but the 54" media is so much easier to come by and IMO priced a little better.

Oh and to get the full 48" from the 1204 you need to set up a additional printer profile. Not a huge deal but just a FYI.

JT51

Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to find a printer, laminator, cutter package for under 20k. That's really the only reason I was looking at the SW package.

2CT Media could I get the info from you for the local sign shops?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would start with Chris @ AZ Pro Signs, but if you shoot me an email at christian@2ctmedia.com I can put you in touch with some of my contacts in the state to help you with all your print needs.Most are in the Phoenix Metro area but almost every one of them will help you out in Tucson.

DizzyMarkus

I haven't been able to find a printer, laminator, cutter package for under 20k

that should give you a hint --- nowhere but Signwarehouse at that price :0)

Be careful and research what your spending your cash on :0)

Markus