Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signworld America or display-wholesale.com - Sale direct to Retail?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by KevSign, Dec 31, 2013.

1. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    We found this company through this signs101 couple years ago. Lately we are buying a lot blockout banner and corrugate plastics.

We are concern about their website with prices as wholesale cost for public view without any restriction like "trade only or whole only".

If retail clients found this website purchase without any sign-in for wholesale or require resale ID. That's is again our sign industry for wholesale site.

We will stop buying from them if their site allow retails purchase.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    If a customer wanted to find out material cost it would be pretty easy to do, not just this web site. that way with anything, there are ways to find out how much stuff really costs.

3. signpost-boston

signpost-boston Making America great, one sign at a time.

Jul 18, 2010
    Boston, Ma.
    cost of goods

cost of goods is a minor number in a big picture of signmaking.
    i have to teach my immigrant customers who cry how expensive a simple sign is.
    (.....it takes all my might, to not *****slap them on the spot.)

While the cost of materials is easily mastered, what of rent, insurance, cable, payroll, workstations, laminators, squeeges, rulers?

i know a forgot something.

happy new year!

-Mosher

p.s. i would NOT use that site either!

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    My view on this is: who cares?

If you are so threatened by your clients being able to see a suppliers pricing you are living in the dark ages... They can get on the internet and find prices cheaper even then those prices. You need to offer them something more then what these web providers can offer, a personal touch, faster service, etc.

5. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    Not my point about client know the pricing. The point this site offer to public retail again our sign markets.

It mean the banner stand equipment (all the items on their site) they sale to retail same cost as you buy wholesale the difference is wholesale don't have to pay tax.

Why Signworld America offering on this forum as wholesale?

I have my own client very don't care, but I don't want to buying supplies from wholesaler and sale to public same time and same cost.

6. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Who cares if the customer finds it? They cant do anything with it.

7. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    He is saying they supplier is advertising on here to professionals as a legitimate wholesale supplier while actually just being a retail operation.

If the pricing & service is good what does it really matter though at the end of the day?

8. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    And again who cares... you can walk in to fellers, montroy, n.glantz and etc and do the same thing.

9. RBDesign

RBDesign Member

Sep 20, 2007
    That really s&%ks but, it is what it is. what we have implemented is for retail customers that bring in their own materials is we add our markup as if we were buying the material ourselves. That keeps the price at or near the price we would charge if we bought the materials ourselves. Plus no warranties on anything at all. We also stop buying materials from suppliers who sell to retail customers.

10. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Signworld America

Our website is not strictly for “Trade Only” clientele. However, we provide additional discounts exclusive to our “Trade Only” customers through our customer service department. Signworld America strives to build quality relationships with sign companies by providing excellent one-on-one customer service as well as a competitive pricing structure. Discounts are available on our printing media material, substrates, and many other items. FREE Delivery is available to our local trade customers as well. We at Signworld America will continue to improve our operations and expand our product lines to better serve the needs of our valued customers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. NateF

NateF Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I have called to ask if trade discounts were available and was told that there were no trade discounts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Sound to me like it's high time you saved up and got your own container full of stuff. BTW... those prices for those pop-up banners are almost twice as high as I can get. (and I don't have to prove I'm in any industry, as long as my card clears)