• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signworld America or display-wholesale.com - Sale direct to Retail?

KevSign

We found this company through this signs101 couple years ago. Lately we are buying a lot blockout banner and corrugate plastics.

We are concern about their website with prices as wholesale cost for public view without any restriction like "trade only or whole only".

If retail clients found this website purchase without any sign-in for wholesale or require resale ID. That's is again our sign industry for wholesale site.

We will stop buying from them if their site allow retails purchase.

Attachments

• signworld_public direct.jpg
    signworld_public direct.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 121

Mosh

If a customer wanted to find out material cost it would be pretty easy to do, not just this web site. that way with anything, there are ways to find out how much stuff really costs.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
cost of goods

cost of goods is a minor number in a big picture of signmaking.
i have to teach my immigrant customers who cry how expensive a simple sign is.
(.....it takes all my might, to not *****slap them on the spot.)

While the cost of materials is easily mastered, what of rent, insurance, cable, payroll, workstations, laminators, squeeges, rulers?

i know a forgot something.

happy new year!

-Mosher

p.s. i would NOT use that site either!

Christian @ 2CT Media

My view on this is: who cares?

If you are so threatened by your clients being able to see a suppliers pricing you are living in the dark ages... They can get on the internet and find prices cheaper even then those prices. You need to offer them something more then what these web providers can offer, a personal touch, faster service, etc.

KevSign

Not my point about client know the pricing. The point this site offer to public retail again our sign markets.

It mean the banner stand equipment (all the items on their site) they sale to retail same cost as you buy wholesale the difference is wholesale don't have to pay tax.

Why Signworld America offering on this forum as wholesale?

I have my own client very don't care, but I don't want to buying supplies from wholesaler and sale to public same time and same cost.

Locals Find!

He is saying they supplier is advertising on here to professionals as a legitimate wholesale supplier while actually just being a retail operation.

If the pricing & service is good what does it really matter though at the end of the day?

RBDesign

That really s&%ks but, it is what it is. what we have implemented is for retail customers that bring in their own materials is we add our markup as if we were buying the material ourselves. That keeps the price at or near the price we would charge if we bought the materials ourselves. Plus no warranties on anything at all. We also stop buying materials from suppliers who sell to retail customers.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Signworld America

Our website is not strictly for “Trade Only” clientele. However, we provide additional discounts exclusive to our “Trade Only” customers through our customer service department. Signworld America strives to build quality relationships with sign companies by providing excellent one-on-one customer service as well as a competitive pricing structure. Discounts are available on our printing media material, substrates, and many other items. FREE Delivery is available to our local trade customers as well. We at Signworld America will continue to improve our operations and expand our product lines to better serve the needs of our valued customers.

Biker Scout

Sound to me like it's high time you saved up and got your own container full of stuff. BTW... those prices for those pop-up banners are almost twice as high as I can get. (and I don't have to prove I'm in any industry, as long as my card clears)