• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sihl 3609 canvas by the yard?

Does anyone know if there is a vendor anywhere that sells Sihl canvas by the yard or in shorter rolls than 50'? Specifically I'm looking for Sihl 3609 Picasso Canvas Satin in 54" or 60" width. We have a job for a 60" x 36" canvas print and we only have the 36" material in stock. Any help would be much appreciated as I hate to spend $300+ on a roll of material for this one job if I can avoid it. If not, we'll just have to do it. It will pay itself off with the next order that comes through the door, but I'd much rather entertain the option of buying by the yard since we don't do a lot of canvas prints that are this large. Thanks.

Last edited:

davearama

I would say time to call wholesale printers like Indy Imaging, Signs 365 etc.

That's what we've learned to do for 1 offs like this. Double cost plus freight.

I would say time to call wholesale printers like Indy Imaging, Signs 365 etc.

That's what we've learned to do for 1 offs like this. Double cost plus freight.

Yeah, that's not really an option for me. I found the canvas for much lower cost from another supplier. Still pricy, but this first job damn near pays for the entire roll and I know we'll have more of these jobs in the future. I'm just not thrilled about having to buy 50 feet of material if I could get it in a shorter roll. In the long run I'd rather make a 400% markup on materials than a 100% markup on wholesale. I don't like to outsource canvas and posters because aside from loading up the printer, it requires no time at all to run these jobs and the payoff is nice. :D