• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Silicone or Construction Adhesive

delriosigns

What has worked best for everyone? Construction adhesive or silicone when adhering acrylic letters or similar type signage to outdoor walls? Please be specific as to what type/brand you prefer. I used to use regular GE clear silicone from Home Depot, but had trouble with some of the letters sticking to the wall. Even after taping the letters to the wall or using nails to keep letters in place i still had trouble with letters sliding down or falling off. Within the last year i switched to Loctite Power Grab Ultimate 0 Sec Instant Grab. It has worked absolutely great. Does anyone else have any long term experience with this product?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What has worked best for everyone? Construction adhesive or silicone when adhering acrylic letters or similar type signage to outdoor walls? Please be specific as to what type/brand you prefer. I used to use regular GE clear silicone from Home Depot, but had trouble with some of the letters sticking to the wall. Even after taping the letters to the wall or using nails to keep letters in place i still had trouble with letters sliding down or falling off. Within the last year i switched to Loctite Power Grab Ultimate 0 Sec Instant Grab. It has worked absolutely great. Does anyone else have any long term experience with this product?

I used that stuff on acrylic letters on a I beam and I re checked it about 3 years later and it started to separate from the acrylic letters. I'm guessing because that stuff dries hard and the acrylic expanded and contracted with temperature change. Silicone might have worked better. Maybe use VHB as well, so it sticks and stays in place till it dries.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
You have to use clear silicone if you want to use it as glue. The only time I have had it fail is a very old tube.

MikePro

VHB tape is awesome, and is just thick enough to give silicone a bead for strong adhesion. (smoosh silicone completely flat, it doesn't hold for long)
the combination of the two, I have yet to see fail.

TimToad

We mostly use LEXEL combined with VHB.

We recently tried a tube of this stuff and like the results so far.

LIQUID NAILS FUZE-IT Gray Multi-purpose Construction Adhesive (Actual Net Contents: 9-fl oz)
Item # 818865 Model # LN-2000