Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silk Screen Transfers on Rain Defender Sweatshirts

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by fresh, Nov 5, 2019.

1. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    I have a client interested in Carhartt Rain Defender sweatshirts, which are a cotton/poly blend with a water resistant coating. I emailed SanMar, and they said For heat transfer, we recommend using low cure transfer products and the garment temp should not exceed 300 degrees. A special adhesive heat transfer is required.

I've called F&M Transfer and Ace Transfer Co, and they aren't able to help me.

I'm also open to having them directly silk screened, but my wholesale ss vendor can't do it, either.

Alternatively, can you recommend another forum where this question might be better answered?

Tags:
  2. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    You could call Transfer Express they seem to have a little bigger operation than the two you mentioned and have not steered me wrong yet. Otherwise, ask on https://www.t-shirtforums.com/ another place is on FB it's called "Screen Printing Newbies". Victor knows just about everything.
    Make darn sure you have a good answer before you take that order on. It will be a very expensive mistake if the product does not work. I would suggest getting a sample sweatshirt and a sample transfer and make one for yourself and wash/dry it. I made some sweatshirts once that had a subliminated design on them and I used a regular transfer on them...they flaked off. That was an expensive mistake. HTV worked well but the screen printed transfers did not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
  4. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    I actually reached back out to SanMar and they were able to give me more specific details and mentioned Transfer Express has the correct product. I'm about to call them because they don't have it listed on their website.

5. Stacey K

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    That's great! If you wouldn't mind, could you please post what you find out? I like to keep notes in case I get the same question down the road. Thanks!!

6. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
  7. Stacey K

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin