• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Silly Lodcomm" decal..

lodcomm

Hi Folks!

Since "SignMaster" Himself wont offer any help in designing my Window Decal, I decided to take a stab at it myself.

I know (Mr. White) it is but a shameless "Ripoff" of the Silly boys/Jeeps thing but I am after all a newbie. I Decided to go with the Chef's hat thing (obviously a ripoff from the "Pappa Ginos" motif), when I realized that it made my decal look silly when I tried to Weld a "Wide Format printer", or "laminator Clipart" object to the "o" at the end (in keeping with the ripped off "Silly Boys" theme, the "S" in jeeps has a little bow) Please feel free to Critique and Criticize my design - I promise I will not sulk. Please note: I did ask a Pro Signmaker to design it for me, but met with Resistance.. I did the Initial Design in "Sure Cuts A Lot PRO" - then imported into flexi to clean up the extra nodes and such. Once I get a Final Vector I will be selling these on ebay for $4.00 Delivered! (you pick the color vinyl)

Thank you all kindly in advance for your helpful input!

-t

gino_decal_proof_1.jpg

Jillbeans

It's about what I would expect. Bad outline, unwelded script in a hideous font, poor spacing.
Go for it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi Folks!

Since "SignMaster" Himself wont offer any help in designing my Window Decal, I decided to take a stab at it myself.

I know (Mr. White) it is but a shameless "Ripoff" of the Silly boys/Jeeps thing but I am after all a newbie. I Decided to go with the Chef's hat thing (obviously a ripoff from the "Pappa Ginos" motif), when I realized that it made my decal look silly when I tried to Weld a "Wide Format printer", or "laminator Clipart" object to the "o" at the end (in keeping with the ripped off "Silly Boys" theme, the "S" in jeeps has a little bow) Please feel free to Critique and Criticize my design - I promise I will not sulk. Please note: I did ask a Pro Signmaker to design it for me, but met with Resistance.. I did the Initial Design in "Sure Cuts A Lot PRO" - then imported into flexi to clean up the extra nodes and such. Once I get a Final Vector I will be selling these on ebay for $4.00 Delivered! (you pick the color vinyl)

Thank you all kindly in advance for your helpful input!

-t

View attachment 97461

Yeah, I got some advise for ya.

Don't care who or what ya rip off for this one, but ya better get this one copyrighted like the rest of 'em on your website. Yeah, right. talk about Ripoff City ?? Don't wanna run into any trouble getting caught stealing logos and artwork like the UNsmart newbies around this here town.

lodcomm

PERFECT! Brush script is one of the BEST fonts to use.

Thanks Mosh.. I was looking around for "LOBSTER" but didnt have it on my laptop!

I instead simply ripped off the brush script that was used in my originally ripped off Silly Boys vector!

-thanks again mano!

-t

player

Don't care who or what ya rip off for this one, but ya better get this one copyrighted like the rest of 'em on your website. Yeah, right. talk about Ripoff City ?? Don't wanna run into any trouble getting caught stealing logos and artwork like the UNsmart newbies around this here town.

Copywritten

lodcomm

Thank you kind sir... I will take your advice, but I'll probably just release my design to public domain. I dont have a website that has any graphics on it? Or are you referring to my Ebay "channel"? - Im not quite sure where you are going (but I want to learn)

-t

lodcomm

It's about what I would expect. Bad outline, unwelded script in a hideous font, poor spacing.
Go for it.

Thank you Jillster!

Your expert advice is duly noted, and I will apply it to my future Undertakings! - Do you think it's worth $4.00? (Free shipping) ?

-t

graphicwarning

Not that it matters in the slightest, but I’m curious why one of the items for sale on your eBay profile says “Arrowhead Graphix, Inc.”, and your s101 profile says Arrowhead Sign & Graphics? Still not sure what to call your business?

TammieH

One question.

Why?

I must have missed something.
Why would I or Anyone be compelled to purchase these?

lodcomm

Don't worry, this buffoon is just trying to see how many people he can **** off in a day.

Sticker sales slow today ludcrum? You must be real successful to have this much time to rant your useless crap.

(and save the crap about how you're a pilot/private detective/marine biologist by day - no one gives a $hit about that or you)

You clearly do.. since you always take the time out of your "Busy" day to engage me.

Besides all that - can you offer any constructive criticism of my sticker?

-t

lodcomm

Not that it matters in the slightest, but I’m curious why one of the items for sale on your eBay profile says “Arrowhead Graphix, Inc.”, and your s101 profile says Arrowhead Sign & Graphics? Still not sure what to call your business?

Why thats because I am a clueless Newbie, and you're right - I haven't really decided what to call my little business. I originally was going to call it "Arrowhead Graphix" But then I read a post here on S101 where people were laughing at and Ridiculing when people replaced "Graphics" with "Graphix" - and upon reflection I found I was in complete agreement!, So I then elected to try the more "palatable" - Arrowhead Sign & Graphics on for a fit. I may even go with just Arrowhead Sign or Arrowhead Graphics.. It's all so overwhelming!

Once I do finally figure it out, I will have a graphic artist friend of mine design a cool looking Logo for me (and yes, I will Pay him for his work and talent!)

He designed the below logo for our Dirtbike Club, (the "turkey" thing comes from the fact that they call some of the motorcycle runs we do "Turkey Runs") The "masters" part of the logo was a little fun poke on my part at a local (road bike) motorcycle Club Called the "Death Masters" - who had the Scary looking Scull Logo and such on their jackets.. but out of the 12-13 members only 3 actually owned a Bike! and of those, only 1 was a Harley - the other two were Rice Burners!

Please critique it and I will pass along your collective expert advice:

turkey_masters_logo_with_rockers.jpg

Thanks in advance!

-t