• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silly question

32bantum

This may be a silly question but..... I have a graphtec FC7000-75.
I have a customer that wants boat stripes in (1) run 27 feet long.
The stripes will be a group of stripes stacked on top of each other with spacing between them based on the previous stripe. So it will start with a 1/2 inch stripe and a half inch space,On top of that will be 7/16 stripe with a 7/16 space all the way down to the last stripe being 1/8 inch.

So with that out of the way... will the cutter make that long of a run that many times and hold the stripe width on each stripe?

TheSellOut

That's tough...it's almost a 10yd roll! I use to try this type of stuff all the time, sometimes it turned out to be a sucess but more often than not it was a complete disaster with the loss of any profit!

I've learned that one or two overlaps really isn't that big of a deal and it's easier to mask/handle. I would do this in two 14' sections!

Good luck!

N2Harpz

I would do this in two 14' sections!

Good luck!

Me too.

There is nothing worse than having the cutter go bonkers on the last three feet of a 20 ft stripe. ( been there done that many times ... LOL )

Two sections. Start in the back and work forward so the over lap doesn't catch water.