Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly question

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by 32bantum, Sep 16, 2009.

1. 32bantum

32bantum Member

Feb 24, 2009
    This may be a silly question but..... I have a graphtec FC7000-75.
    I have a customer that wants boat stripes in (1) run 27 feet long.
    The stripes will be a group of stripes stacked on top of each other with spacing between them based on the previous stripe. So it will start with a 1/2 inch stripe and a half inch space,On top of that will be 7/16 stripe with a 7/16 space all the way down to the last stripe being 1/8 inch.

So with that out of the way... will the cutter make that long of a run that many times and hold the stripe width on each stripe?

Tags:
  2. TheSellOut

TheSellOut Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2008
    That's tough...it's almost a 10yd roll! I use to try this type of stuff all the time, sometimes it turned out to be a sucess but more often than not it was a complete disaster with the loss of any profit!

I've learned that one or two overlaps really isn't that big of a deal and it's easier to mask/handle. I would do this in two 14' sections!

Good luck!

3. N2Harpz

N2Harpz Very Active Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Me too.

There is nothing worse than having the cutter go bonkers on the last three feet of a 20 ft stripe. ( been there done that many times ... LOL )

Two sections. Start in the back and work forward so the over lap doesn't catch water.

4. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    I wouldn't even attempt it on any friction fed machine.

5. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    Why don't you buy a slitter? or buy striping roll stock?