• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Silver Medal 2 for Edge FX print problems

artofacks1

Been printing Silver Medal 2 for about 4 years now. This is the second foil that grabs on to much to the foil and than skips.

I had just printed about 10 yards from another foil on the same paper and now this foil is giving me problems.

Anyone ever been through this and found a fix?

Attachments

• IMG_8750.jpg
    IMG_8750.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293

FunkotronXL

Check with your supplier if others are getting issues with the same lot # first (if this is the case, please share the lot #).

Looks like foil drive resistance causing vertical banding. Liner could be defective and has too much friction/grab, or, heat setting is too hot and the liner is stretching ever so slightly as it lays down the flood of print.

artofacks1

Check with your supplier if others are getting issues with the same lot # first (if this is the case, please share the lot #).

Looks like foil drive resistance causing vertical banding. Liner could be defective and has too much friction/grab, or, heat setting is too hot and the liner is stretching ever so slightly as it lays down the flood of print.

Dont see the lot # After getting bounced around on calls. I was told from Gerber to have my current vendor replace it. Well its being replaced but I had to pay for the new foil and shipping. I have to send it in (pay more shipping) than I would get a refund once gerber gives the credit back to my vendor.

Pretty upset at the moment, I would have known I had to come out of pocket for the replacement. I would have done it sooner while I jump through the hoops. Lots time and money...

SlikGRFX

Is this a brand new foil?

Sometimes I get problems with medals when there is too much used foil on the take up side of the cassette. It's almost like it can't hold enough tension in the film to stop it grabbing or creasing. Maybe because the medals are metallized, they crease rather than stretch.

What I do is cut the foil and remove all the used foil on the take up side, then tape the foil back onto the core (as straight as possible).

If you're using a brand new foil then my guess is a defective foil, or maybe try a different heat setting.