Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverado SS font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Baz, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Hi guys.

Anybody know the font name for this Chev Silverado SS. Or anything close would do.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• SS.JPG
      SS.JPG
      File size:
      217.1 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    The SS letters aren't really a font (at least not one that's commercially available). The best bet would be scanning in a good replica of the letters and vectorizing them.

With a little tweaking, you can alter "SS" letters set in Serpentine Sans (an Image Club font) and get pretty good results. The "Freeline" font family from T-26 also has some resemblence to those SuperSport characters.

3. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Thanks Bobby.

Thats close enough for me :thumb:
    Customer wants this font to be used in his advertising. I will figure in the cost of the font into my job quote and see what he thinks. If he bickers i will just use Serpentine.

4. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    remember the copy police are watching & I believe the ss font is copyrighten by cheverolet used it before to put on impala front glass & I traced it so probably best recomendation. It shouldent take 20 mins to redraw in corel, etc.

5. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I dont need to reproduce the logo. My customer who owns a garage just wanted a font like the logo on his truck to be used for his own stuff (i.e. web adress stickers, secondary copy for his signs).

I told him beforehand that i didnt think it was a font. But he said try to see if you can get it or get something close.

6. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    If you change up the "SS" thing so it doesn't look so much like the Chevy deal, that's fine. Just make sure the alteration doesn't look anything like those WWII Nazi "SS" figures.