• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silverado SS font

Baz

Hi guys.

Anybody know the font name for this Chev Silverado SS. Or anything close would do.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SS.JPG
    SS.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 2,613

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The SS letters aren't really a font (at least not one that's commercially available). The best bet would be scanning in a good replica of the letters and vectorizing them.

With a little tweaking, you can alter "SS" letters set in Serpentine Sans (an Image Club font) and get pretty good results. The "Freeline" font family from T-26 also has some resemblence to those SuperSport characters.

Baz

Thanks Bobby.

Thats close enough for me :thumb:
Customer wants this font to be used in his advertising. I will figure in the cost of the font into my job quote and see what he thinks. If he bickers i will just use Serpentine.

Cadmn

remember the copy police are watching & I believe the ss font is copyrighten by cheverolet used it before to put on impala front glass & I traced it so probably best recomendation. It shouldent take 20 mins to redraw in corel, etc.

Baz

I dont need to reproduce the logo. My customer who owns a garage just wanted a font like the logo on his truck to be used for his own stuff (i.e. web adress stickers, secondary copy for his signs).

I told him beforehand that i didnt think it was a font. But he said try to see if you can get it or get something close.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
If you change up the "SS" thing so it doesn't look so much like the Chevy deal, that's fine. Just make sure the alteration doesn't look anything like those WWII Nazi "SS" figures.