• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silvering - RSC-1400C

Goatshaver

I still haven't been able to resolve this silvering issue. I know it's usually due to cooler laminate, but it's been up to 75 degrees in here and I still get silvering. It goes away after a couple days but it's frustrating that everything is coming out this way.

Any suggestions on what I can look into to help this issue would be great. Thanks

C

ColoPrinthead

Slowing down the speed you laminate at can help reduce it. I just let it go away with time.

AF

If it goes away after a day or two, then it is normal silvering. If you want to laminate with zero silvering, you have to use high quality vinyls ($$$$) and high-end laminating equipment ($$$$) with plenty of heat. Even then, some silvering can still happen.

Goatshaver

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to live with it, it's just an annoyance more than anything. I do warm it a little post-lamination to help it along.