• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"silvering" when laminating...

Ken

Hi All...
I've just done some lamination on a couple of small (10 x10 inch) prints using the big squeegee. I'm getting silvering which kinda looks like a gazillion little air bubbles. Is this normal? Will it go away? Would application of heat help?
Thanks for all replies.
Ken
Signs That Work !
Shuswap Lake, BC

C

ColoPrinthead

I use a laminator and get silvering everytime. I've found that it goes away after a day or two and I don't let my prints wait before cutting them apart because of it.

J

john1

Hey Ken, It will go away in 24 hours. I get it with the BS as well. I roll the print up with the print on the outside as it pulls the laminate some causing the silvering to go away faster.

Ken

"Place flat in direct sun after laminating. Couple of hours and its all good. "
Well we've got a hot sunny day here..today..I'll give that a try...hope it doesn't warp..
Thanks for the ideas to all..
Cheers!
Ken

eye4clr

if it's a laminated print, you can also roll it image side out as tight as you dare and rubber band it. Silvering will be almost if not completely gone in 15-30 minutes.