Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"silvering" when laminating...

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Ken, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Hi All...
    I've just done some lamination on a couple of small (10 x10 inch) prints using the big squeegee. I'm getting silvering which kinda looks like a gazillion little air bubbles. Is this normal? Will it go away? Would application of heat help?
    Thanks for all replies.
    Ken
    Signs That Work !
    Shuswap Lake, BC

Tags:
  2. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I use a laminator and get silvering everytime. I've found that it goes away after a day or two and I don't let my prints wait before cutting them apart because of it.

3. john1

john1 Guest

Hey Ken, It will go away in 24 hours. I get it with the BS as well. I roll the print up with the print on the outside as it pulls the laminate some causing the silvering to go away faster.

4. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Place flat in direct sun after laminating. Couple of hours and its all good.

5. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    "Place flat in direct sun after laminating. Couple of hours and its all good. "
    Well we've got a hot sunny day here..today..I'll give that a try...hope it doesn't warp..
    Thanks for the ideas to all..
    Cheers!
    Ken

6. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    tape it down to some coro or poly metal, so it doesn't blow away when the wind gets it.

7. eye4clr

eye4clr Member

Feb 10, 2006
    if it's a laminated print, you can also roll it image side out as tight as you dare and rubber band it. Silvering will be almost if not completely gone in 15-30 minutes.