• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simple and good flexi tip

fozzyber

I am used to CAD type programs, so not being able to move thing exact distances has always POed me. So here is a little bit of help.
If you have, say a box and you want one just like it 6in down,
here is what you do: copy the box, right click > paste over (it drops the box on top of original box, then go to the design central box and in the "y" box you will see a number, BEHIND that number type "-6" (with out quotes) and bam it drops it 6in.
really simple but always had trouble doing thing like this...

SignosaurusRex

Thankyou. I like that....as I am teaching myself Flexi as I go. It is so close yet so far from what I'm used to working in.:wink:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Back before the Scanvec folks started changing it, Flexi had a move command that allowed you to keep the original and to move the object to any absolute or relative position by numeric input.

You would have loved it but they did away with the feature.

fozzyber

I also was just aplying with it look in for stuff if you haold the ctrl down you can grab an object and it copys it leaving the original.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With your object selected (in the DesignCentral window) add the amount you want it to move to the axis you want it to move in.
Add "+" subtract "-" multiply "*" & divide "/" all work.
(Flexi 7.62)
Works about the same as Corel

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• flexi-move.jpg
    flexi-move.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 120

thewood

I thought this kind of stuff was basic knowledge! I couldn't function without Design Central and all it's tools. I hate working with sloppy vector art that folks "eyeballed" together rather than using exact measurements.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
With your object selected (in the DesignCentral window) add the amount you want it to move to the axis you want it to move in.
Add "+" subtract "-" multiply "*" & divide "/" all work.
(Flexi 7.62)
Works about the same as Corel

The handiest part of this feature is the ability to enter fractions. If you want to express, say, 7/16" just enter 7/16. A fraction being nothing more than notation for division, in this case 7 divided by 16.

You can combine these expressions so that you can express, say, 7 5/8 by entering 7+5/8. The expression evaluator seems to use standard */ and +- priority with standard left to right examination. In Corel you can use parentheses () to change the evaluation priority. Never tried using () in Flexi.

Arstron

You can place the following after your number ft, in, cm, mm, m, (not sure what all units of measurement) to quickly convert a unit of measurement to the unit you usually use. So 7+5/8ft = 91.5000 inches in my design central window. :D