Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple ID...For Sombody Else but Me

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by datcat, Jan 8, 2006.

1. datcat

datcat Member

Oct 20, 2004
    I'm coming up close but no exacts....Franklin Gothic Medium is close but the apostrophe isn't right. A couple of Switzerland's apostrophes look right but the "S" is off. My future font collection has one called Francis and the lettering and apostrophe look close but the kerning is off and this is going to be a subbed out embroidery job so all I wanted to do was supply them with the correct font and not spend much with it.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Looks like ITC Franklin Gothic Medium Condensed to me....

Attached Files:

3. datcat

datcat Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Thanks!

My Franklin Gothics came from my Corel Xtra Fonts CD and it doesn't have medium condensed. I knew I was in the ball park. I have an Adobe Font Folio Collection and it was in there. The apostrophe still isn't right in my sign program but when I type it in Illy and Corel it's OK....Go figure? I hope the embroidery shops program see's it correctly...Maybe they won't be that picky anyway.

Thanks again

Mike

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    To get the true apostrophe, it is often necessary to enter it as alternate character alt + 0146.