• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simple my azz!

SignManiac

So I just spent the entire weekend erecting a new spray paint booth in the new building. It came in two crates in a million pieces, and is 14'w x 26'd x 9'h.

They say its supposed to be a two day build for two guys. Aint no way!!! It took four of us and even after the second day, I still have plenty to finish up tomorrow. Wednesday they come to set up the Matthews mixing station so I'm hoping to be up and running by the end on this upcoming week! Can't wait to start doing high quality finish painting all in house. No more trips to Home Depot for a damn quart of paint when I only need a pint :)

Oh and the nuts and bolts count??? 4,000 total!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116

SignosaurusRex

Only two days for two guys .........if they have done at least 1/2 dozen of them before, know the assembly inside out / upside down, wear perfectly stocked tool & hardware belt, use only air tools, measure a day as 18 hours, and start the clock once it is unpackaged and layed out on the floor like a schematic.

That is gonna be sooooo nice for you! I'm envious.
Like, Like, Like!

Typestries

That right there is a game changer for your shop and the already high quality you put out. Matthews is incomparable to any latex on so many levels.

Good to hear the new diggs are coming along!

SignosaurusRex

I'm sure you would anyways, but...KEEP THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS! I only say this because you might be surprised how many people don't. The dis-assembly is not much better so lets hope this is in its final resting place and you are in this shop forever. :thumb:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When did Ikea start making paint booths?

Looks like a nice unit, congrats.

wayne k
guam usa

Gene@mpls

LOL...I plan on dying in this shop. Last move I'll ever make!

Famous last words- 20 odd years ago (in a body shop I owned BTW) we
were told that the massive .5 Gb harddrive we were buying (for $500)
would be the last harddrive we would ever have to buy:Big Laugh. On
another note- we had a massive computerized mixing setup that paid for
itself from the first job- mix a ¼ cup if that is what you need. And you can tint knowing what went into the color.

SignManiac

Yes I'm more excited about being able to mix only what I need in a choice of 65k colors and not wasting as much as I have been. Also the hour of time that I would spend going to HD, standing in line to get my paint mixed and driving back. That's gotta be a hundred dollar bill in time right there. I have no doubt this was a good investment!

Last edited:

signage

Yes I'm more excited about being able to mix only what I need in a choice of 65k colors and not wasting as much as I have been. Also the hour of time that I would spend going to HD, standing in line to get my paint mixed and driving back. That's gotta be a hundred dollar bill in time right there. I have no doubt this was a good investment!

I would think you would say that is more time for you to play (ride or jump):Big Laugh

Border

That's a fantastic addition! I set up a paint booth before with my brother so know exactly the pain you are talking about and the ENDLESS boxes of friggin' nuts and bolts!!! They need that many to help keep them air-tight but it's enough to drive you crazy for sure.

cgsigns_jamie

That's a nice booth! Puts our converted semi trailer to shame!

I'll have to hire you and your guys to install our booth when we build our new shop (whenever that might be!). You should be a professional by then!

SignManiac

No joke! If I were to charge to put one together, I'd be at $2,000 for two men, two days...And I would earn every penny of that for sure.

ova

Always wondered what the booth that was in our shop looked like when it was new. We purchased an old paint/ body shop and had it remodeled for our business. The paint booth had been here since the early 60's.

I remember getting a 1963 Chevy biscayne painted here in 1968. When I removed the paint booth, I was so afraid I wasn't going to be able to get rid of it. The aluminum was about .040, but it was almost an inch thick with the paint build up. I found an alley runner scrap picker [probably the same ones that stole my gutters] who took the thing. I'll bet from that far back it had lead based paint on it.

Good looking booth there. Going to be a plus for your business. Just the time saved for the paint drying should be noticable in your profit. Nice building too.

Dave