• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

simple windows problem haha

striper14

this problem has been annoying me for some time. Basically all i want to do is when i open a folder with explorer or my sign program, i want to see sub folders listed on top then files listed with the newest on top.
If you click on date to get the newest on top ,the folders go to the bottom. If you click on file, you get folders on top ( or bottom) and files alphabetically.
All i want is to open a file, see any folders , with newest files underneath so i dont have to scroll down and down.
Is this too complicated for windows ?? or am i too dumb ??

bighun

I'm a little confused. Did you try changing your performance settings? Right-click My Computer then go to Properties then Advanced. Scroll down and make sure the last three are checked off, the rest are useless and consume cpu resources, I would leave them unchecked. Does this help? Maybe you can explain in more detail.

striper14

poop

sorry, i naturally assumed every computer was set up like mine.:Oops:

yes xp say using windows explorer. in view option folders is selected and in views, details .
So on the left is the folders tree and the right has a view of whatever folder i've selected. At the top of this panel is the name and whatever other options you select. I have file size,type and date modified. If you click on these options the files are rearranged by size,date etc. i know you can set up windows so that everytime you open a folder its set up how you like it. What i'm trying to do is get it to show the folders at the top ( if i need to dig deeper) with the files listed next with the newest on top
If i click on name ( at top of panel ) it gives you folders then files listed alphabetically, or reverse. date created gives you newest files but puts folders at the bottom
So can i get it to leave the folders on top and just rearrange the files depending which tab i click??
i'm not holding my breath about customising windows hahaha