• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Since You guys were so Good with The Black

TheMattMan

What are you guys using to get the best Red. I have been mixing and changing reds for a while now and most of them seem to be either too washed out - too orange -- or too dark.. I cannot find a really good red. If you have some CMYK numbers please toss them out to me.

Thanks,

Matt

Checkers

Actually, Pantone's 185 red quite common and is 100% M & 76% Y :)
If you're using corel to design, start using your PMS color pallet. You'll end up with much more accurate colors - assuming you're using the right profiles.

Checkers

TheMattMan

I have a full Pantone Chart Printed out from my roland but even 185 doesn't print correctly. It is more orange. i have been making my own reds but none of them are really great... I would have thought Plain Red would not be that hard hit but this machine has never hit a really good red.

Goofball

Glad to hear someone else is having the same problem. Want one harder than red, try getting a good looking gold that doesn't turn green in low light conditions. I've been trying for a week to get a good true red. If you figure something out, let me know. If I figure something out I'll do the same.

thewood

We print a fantastic bright red with 0/100/100/0. If this is too orange, try adding 1-5% Cyan. Keep in mind that your output relies on printer, inks, rip, media, profiles, etc.!

Drip Dry

TheMattMan said:
What are you guys using to get the best Red. I have been mixing and changing reds for a while now and most of them seem to be either too washed out - too orange -- or too dark.. I cannot find a really good red. If you have some CMYK numbers please toss them out to me.

Thanks,

Matt

What are you printing from ?

Flexi , Corel, Versaworks ?

Is it a versacam or soljet ?

Jim

TheMattMan

I am printing mostly from Corel X3 on a 540V.

I did some test making my own colors and so far the best red has been
C=2 M= 100 Y=100 K= 5

It puts out a really nice Red that isn't too dark or too orange.