• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

single arm wood sign post

Marlene

I need a source to buy a single arm sign post made of wood with the ends of the arm and post top with some finial shape, not just blunt cut. I have sources for vinyl posts liek this but my customer wants wood. we can make one from pressure treated but we don't have in-shop talent to finish off the ends nicely. any sources would be appreciated, thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How nice do the ends have to be ??

Honestly, there's not much talent needed to making one. I'm sure you can do it. You might have to invest in a sander or router, but that's very little investment compared to buying it from someone. Besides, then you'd have the ability to make them in-house and keep more money in-house for future projects.

Marlene

we don't make this type of post system and this would be the first one ever. we can do the simple pointy ends but it kind of looks fence post-ish. my customer is a PITA and says it has to be wood, not vinyl and not cheap looking. we can make the cuts and put the arm and post together but it will be cheap looking. I've shown him a really nice single arm post system from Hooks & lattices but he wants wood, not metal or vinyl. I'd tell him to find someone else but this is a little sign for a company that we have a long term relationship with with for the big jobs. he is one picky dude so I hoped to find one high end wooden thing to sell him, I will still keep plenty of money as he will pay for getting what he wants:)

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Take a chop saw and set it for 37 degrees and bevel the 4 sides.
Make sure it is cutting straight or the bevels will be angled.

Pm me if you need more info. We make around 2000 of these a year.

Marlene

thanks for the help. I have a feeling that nothing I do will please this guy. normally, I'd have one of our guys cut some cedar posts to make this but this guy is one of my nightmare customers. he asked if I'd ever seen a sign on a multi million dollar home for sale, he wants something like that. he also said he didn't want it to hung like Charles Dickens to which I just said "huh?". he doesn't want it to swing...Charles Dickens??? I have no idea how I was suppose to get that from Charles Dickens. I set up the copy in Copperplate as pinheads like this love that font and used bottle green with knocked out copy. he wants it to be classy so he says he wants it to be red. I asked if he was thinking a deep rich red or burgundy, he says no, union red...what the heck is that? he says like the American flag. then he says he wants the copy, "Ultimate View Suite, Immediate Move In" to read "Ultimate. View. Office! Now." boy that reads nicely. so you see from all this why I don't want to build this. thanks for the help, I think I will look for a local wood worker for this master peice

thanks for letting me vent!