• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sintra for Spoilboard??

briderx

A guy here at my shop keeps recommending sintra for my spoilboard. Right now I use ultra lite fiber board... ULDF?? Ha.. Anyways, has anyone had any experience with sintra?

SebastienL

I don't think the vaccuum passes through the sintra. If you're gluing, or mounting your workpiece on the sintra, then Ok.

We use MDF. The vaccuum has no problem passing through and when it gets beat up, you can just reface it.

encadtech

We used the cintra as the first board on the table of the aluminum bed. This allowed us to create a nice vaccum bed on which we set a sheet of 13mm Trupan. Happy cuttin.

Biker Scout

Where do you buy Trupan or ULDF from?

I did a search about a year ago and never came up with any solid leads. Trupan comes out of Chile, was all I was able to come up with. Lowe's and Home Depot don't know what ULDF is, they keep telling me that MDF is better. So, I've just been using MDF that I've planed down a bit.

briderx

Ultra-Lite Density Fiberboard..

I have done more research and it seems that if enough holes are drilled into the sintra it makes a KILLER spoilboard.. Another forum I am joined up on gave me that tip. He said the suction is great and allows his low powered vacuum to keep up with his bigger one. I think next time I will try it.. Would be nice to have spoilboard that doesn't swell..

briderx

Lowe's and Home Depot don't know what ULDF is - That's your main problem. You're calling Lowe's and Home Depot :). Try someone like Gray Lumber or some sort of warehouse type place that specializes in concrete, wood and that type of stuff..

TJ Duvall

I use Komatex similar but cheaper than sintra. I have a Gerber Sabre and it has holes in it for the vacuum to pass thru. Works great.

RanchoMattPS

Sintra spoilboard

I am using Sintra for my spoilboard on a Gerber Sabre 408 router and I absolutely love it. I use a colored board, usually blue so i can easily tell if i am cutting too deep. I change it maybe once a year.

Matt
Sign*A*Rama
Palm Desert, CA