• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

siphoning wrong color

DetailsGS

Hi All,
I have a rockhopper 38.
I had lots of issues a while back with plugged nozzles and generally poor performance so i sucked some ink through the capping station. Then later during some more maintenance i sucked some through the waste lines to be sure they were clear.

The machine started perfoming much better and nozzle check is quite good now.

The problem is: Every time the machine parks itself it picks up a quantity of darker ink into the yellow line. I have to run some yellow to clear it out before every print. Even if its just parked for a minute or so. Also during a self clean. I assume that i have created some kind of unfavorable vacuum but any advice on a remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks, DK

Compilla

Sounds like the pads on the capping station are swelled up cross contaminating the color side.

You can peel of the top layer of pad on the capping station or just replace the capping assembly and be done with it.

Good Luck!

DetailsGS

You nailed it.
I had actually added another layer thinking that it should touch.
Once remove those symptoms stopped.

Thanks very much

DK