• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Siser Colorprint HP Latex GRAINY half way through print...help needed

Kcustomz

Hey guys,
I have an HP Latex 110 printer and have been printing for about a year now. I am getting the hang of it and love it so far. My every day vinyl is Oracal 3165RA for stickers but recently I purchased a heat press and some Siser Colorprint Easy heat transfer material. I loaded it in, set up the Colorprint profile, and clicked print. The first 3 inches of the print were coming out perfect with solid strong color...then all of a sudden the whole print started to turn extremely grainy. I continued to try several different profiles and options but nothing helps. I will post a picture of exactly what I am talking about. And by the way if anyone is concerned with the ink not drying that is not the case. It has dried perfectly and the grain can be seen right after each pass so I know its for sure not the curing temp. If anyone has any idea what this could be please let me know. Thank you!

Also has anyone used both PU and Easy Colorprint for latex? Which would you prefer to use and why?

IMG_8679.jpg

AntCarter

Kcustomz,

Are you going to use the Siser TTD Easy Mask to get your printed design off the Siser colorprint easy?

bannertime

I use PU and have not had any issues besides the mask not working. I've seen that issue on other vinyls but it's typically been on older materials with contamination from where it was taped or handled without gloves. I'd also suggest copying whatever profile you have for the Colorprint and redoing the profile for that material.

Dan360

This is a common issue with the Colorprint Easy on latex. It worked fine for ages and all of a sudden we had this happening too. Our supplier says they talked to Siser and they said it's not meant for latex but can work (sometimes). We've stopped using it since.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The fact that it changed in the middle of a print tells me media issue. Unless the heater failed during the print or the ink changed to a different type half way through, it has to be a defective media issue especially if it is happening towards the end of the roll.

Bigfootprints

Try Specialty Materials' Easyprint. I use the Siser Colorprint PU profile with it and it works great. I use about a roll per month and it hasnt let me down yet.