• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sit down or stand up?

WildWestDesigns

Actually, the article said that sitting for long periods of times disrupts the way the body processes blood sugars adn blood fats, to cardio risk factors.

It said whether your a couch potato or a fitness fanatic that the risk factors don't change.

That's interesting. Was it online? Can you get the link to it right fast? I wouldn't mind reading that. I would appreciate it.

binki

We have 3 stand up workstations but also have high chairs to sit in if we want. Most of the time we are standing but when I have something that requires a lot of concentration I prefer to sit.

Letterbox Mike

You might try one of those ergonomic chairs that you kneel on, I used to have one and it was damn comfortable, stupid looking but comfortable...

Attachments

• Kneeling_chair_A.jpg
    Kneeling_chair_A.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 64

AUTO-FX

Stand down or sit up

well, see, that's the other part of the equation. You need good posture. i have lousy posture.

signmeup

You might try one of those ergonomic chairs that you kneel on, I used to have one and it was damn comfortable, stupid looking but comfortable...
Yeah.... I've got one of those. Kills my knees. Back feels great though. I haven't used it for a couple of years.

adkmaid

have had both myself and still neck and shoulder pain until i figured out it wasnt the desk or chair it was where the screen was positioned. that footy like thing they come on isnt high enough. So i built a box about 8" high and the screen is on that. I am no longer looking down slightly to aggravate my neck my eyeballs sitting straight up are right in the middle of the screen. this works for me. and hands are comfortably on the keyboard about a foot below the screen.

AUTO-FX

That's exactly what I ended up doing. Went back to the regular desk, put the monitor up, so far so good. I'll give it a week and see.