Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site warning

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by preston, Sep 20, 2010.

1. preston

preston New Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but when I click on the "Signs 101 Merchant Member Directory" http://www.signs101.com/pp-classifieds/merchant-member-directory/index21.html I get this warning.

[​IMG]

I have gotten this warning on one of my sites before and was due to some hacker inserting some code somewhere. Google ended up shutting down all access to the site before I got it fixed and then I had to request they look at the site again before the warnings where removed. Just thought I would let you know so you can check into it before that warning ends up on the entire site here.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I am not getting it now or any of the several times a day I go into the various parts of the Merchant Directory. It will be appreciated if anyone else will also check this out.

Thank you.

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    nope. no warning here. why is this your first post?

4. Idea Design

Idea Design Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2005
    No warnings here either, Fred.

5. RJ California

RJ California Active Member

Jul 19, 2005
    California
    The warning itself is a virus, -- don't press anything. Just my hunch from something that happened to us about a year ago.

6. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Nope, no warnings here Fred.

7. preston

preston New Member

Sep 20, 2010
    The warning is being issued by my firewall and anti virus software. It just seems to be on that one url. I do not get it on other parts of the site.

I only brought this up because I had the same thing happen on one of my sites a few months back. It was a site that got little use so I kind of forgot about it. Then one day I went to the site and found that google had shut the site down. I guess they report it to whom ever and they disable the URL and all you get is a google shut the site down for your protection type message. I had to reload the site from a backup and then go to the google webmaster tools and request that google re-evaluate the site. That took about a day before they cleared the site and opened it back up for traffic.

I would suspect that something has either been added to the index.php on that url or one or more of the files that the index.php calls.

8. preston

preston New Member

Sep 20, 2010

Fred, Have someone else that is using Zone Alarm security suite try the url and see if they get the same warning.

9. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    all good from here.

I had my site hacked earlier this year & my web designer got with the host & resolved the problem. He also sent me this LINK to show me how widespread this sort of thing has become...

10. Blaney

Blaney Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Springfield Illinois
    No problem here. :thumb:

11. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Using Norton Internet Security 2011, no warning for me either, everything working fine.:thumb:

12. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I haven't seen it here at s101 yet, but I have seen that warning somewhere.... I just don't remember where.

I did what RJ said and totally ignored it.