• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sizing Help

Angela

Hello All,

I am in need of some help. I am embarrassed to say that I do not no Photoshop AT ALL, I mean I know a couple things but that's it. I am an illy gal. I need the logo to be bigger. I have tried increasing the size in illy but it ends up pretty pixilated, so I thought I would try my luck in Photoshop, I thought I was on the right path but every time I re-size it I lose the W from West. If someone out there wouldn't mind helping me I would very much appreciate it. I am unable to send the Photoshop file so if someone out there is able to help would you mind contacting me. I have attached a file of what the banner is to look like.

Thanks so much!!!

Attachments

• Sample Banner.jpg
    Sample Banner.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 175

J Hill Designs

to resize, are you doing image - image size, or are you increasing the canvas and then trying to manually drag it larger?

image - image size way you shouldn't be losing anything.

TammieH

In Photoshop, just hit the hot keys "Control+Alt+I" down at the bottom of the pop up menu you will see boxes where you can designate the size, width and length, also you can change the resolution independently here. there are a couple boxes in which you can constrain dimensions or not.

If your jpeg's resolution is not very high in the first place it will not sharpen much, but you may be able to get by, I usually use 300 dpi for most sign prints. If they are meant to be read at a distance.

Play with it a bit

Hope this helps

John Butto

Go to Photoshop, go to new, panel opens up, select width and put in size (you might want to change to inches) a little bigger than what you need. Do the same with Heigth, set resolution to 300. Press ok and then drag in art from Illi or open from desktop. After you bring it in and it is on a layer, drag the lock to the trash. Go to Edit and transform to the size you need. If it is low res art already making it bigger is not going to make it look any better.

Angela

"Press ok and then drag in art from Illi or open from desktop." First thank you John. I have done what you said but when I "drag" the artwork is not editable? Please know I understand that this could be total user error, i.e. me.

MR. Graphics

i do what john said, the only differnce is i place the file into photoshop and then hold shift and pull the corner to resize proportionally.

Feldspar

If you enlarge a 300dpi image you'll get a pixelated print. It's called transcoding and you're reducing the quality of the image because you are spreading it out over a larger grid, effectually splitting pixels instead of creating new ones.

Where did the image come from?

francisco2525

Ask the client if they have a higher resolution jpg

It seems as if it is a low resolution jpg, again most graphic businesses are not willing to give the customer a high resolution file to keep them as their customers. Only way to remedy your situation is by recreating it or having the client as the original creator of the logo to send him a 300 dpi sample.....another thing you can do is to go to Fiverr.com and pay someone 5 to 10 dollars and I am sure they might be able to redo it for you.