• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sj-540 2 heads no ink

JgS

I just picked up a used roland sj-540. When I turned it on I didn't get any codes but the yellow and magenta heads were not firing. I assume it's the head board but since I have never owned one I thought I would ask before jumping right in. Anything I should check before buying a head board? Do I need to also change the carriage board?

sdps

With two colors out, it is typically the head board. Go to www.macmedia.com, click on "Enter Portal", then "Click Here to Enter". That will give you a list of all of their services. Do a search for "head board" and scroll through the results to the Roland head boards. They charge $199.00 to fix the board pre-paid. If there is no problem with the board, they will refund your money less the shipping cost to send the board back to you. I have used them and they are great to work with. The last board I sent them they fixed the same day they received it and sent it back to me 2-day FedEx.

madsign25

sj 540

1- Y&M work on the same pump check it cycling or keeping off, check the tube cloggin or cutting.
2-put some cleaning liquid on the cap check that absorb good or not.
3- sure that heads are not clogging move the carriage to left side (maintenance area) push cleaning liquid by syringe inside head see nozzle open or still close try to get it open. (to move head left read user manual chapter "cleaning using the cleaning head kit" ) attached below.
4- If the heads are good no problem every 2 heads have same fuse Y&M have same fuse mybe it's blown so not work both try check the fuse on the head board it's mini fuse here a photo . http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/fj-400-fuse-mmct-3-15a-et-12559102.html .

Attachments

• SJ-740_640_540_USE_EN_R5.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 124

Robert M

Fuse

I would also suggest checking the fuse on the main board. Send me your email and I will get you the tech manual. We are just north of you and stock parts and inks for that printer

www.solventinkjet.com