Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SJ-540 "replace wiper" message ????

Discussion in 'Roland' started by CropMarks, Jul 13, 2012.

1. CropMarks

CropMarks Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Hello... I keep getting this message to "replace wipers" on my SJ-540 and I'll be darned if I can find a place to turn off that message. I've searched everywhere I can think of in the menu and in the service menu and can't find any thing. I can see cap and wiper controls, but nothing that says "REPLACE WIPER". I've always changed them when I do a manual cleaning (whenever they get nasty). I've replaced them (and the scraper) and the message still comes up??? Any ideas to make that message go away? Thank you very much for any help. :)

Miked.

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    I'm not sure on a roland but on a Mimaki once you remove the wiper and replace a new one and then push enter it stops flashing that message, might be the same for a Roland.

3. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Power off and hold down cleaning button while powering back on. If this gets you into Maintenance Menu, choose Replace Wipers and enter. Follow the prompts and then power back of when complete.

4. CropMarks

CropMarks Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Hot Dog! that did it. I didn't realize there was more to the "cleaning" menu. I've never seen that before in the past 3 years I've owned the machine.....

Thanks a bunch.
    Miked.