• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sj 740

albert

Hello to everyone. I just bought a refurbished SJ 740 that comes with a dryer but no print heater that is a standard feature of an SJ 745EX. Im considering in adding the optional print heater for my machine. My question is will the print quality be better with the print heater and will the weatherfastness of the printed material be better since heating up the material during printing will help the ink bond more to the material? Hope the pro's and anybody who has experience with the same machine configurtion can answer me on these questions. I will be printing on uncoated banner material. Tnx

Albert

Any extra heater will help , but you may also need a fan to get the air movement...even if you have lots of heat, you still need the air movement...this is why Roland offers an additional heater with blower (fans) as an option for some models. Heat defiantly helps (and can be too hot as well) to get better quality and this is also where you get the scratch resistance (ink locked into the media). Defiantly with banner materials you will need a fan if using a take up...even a box fan placed directly in front works great.