• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SJ profiles in VP540

anax

hello,
is it possible to use profiles from SJ-645EX in VP540? Same conditions, same indoor temperature and humidity.I know that Versa won't let to load this profiles (bad model error) but maybe I can create new profiles in media library using the same settings as in SJ profiles. The question is if it's gonna work, I mean print nice, normal colors just like f.ex. on profiles made exactly for VP540. I think this machines have the same heads. But maybe sth else counts?

and the second question. Does increasing of the head speed reduce its lifetime?
regards
Karol (new VP540 owner:rock-n-roll:)

Bigdawg

Just Me
I wouldn't think you could transfer profiles - but they might be a starting place to tweak from. Did you do your own profiling? Or are you using the Versaworks generic...or vendor profiles?

Short answer is NO. Media configurations are unique to the specific printer model.

2nd Question: Head speed is not correlated to lifespan of the head. The number of shots is, but not the carriage speed.

Sorry, the profiles are different (6 color vs 4 color). You should be getting great colors with your VP540 especially if you upgraded the firmware to get the Intelligent Pass. What profile and media are you using...this makes a HUGE difference in colors. Do you do your own specific profiles for the VP540 and using a specific media? You will have a hard time matching exactly the SJ645 colors.

anax

hello all, thank you very much for your answers. I've to types of profiles- generic from Versa, original from Roland for ecosolMax and one made for an exact ink I use (Esmax) and exact vinyl (kemica digit). I've just upgraded Versa and had no time for testings but earlier (I work on orajet 3164 mat-for fair) I used Kemica profile instead of original roland for orajet because on kemica profile I had better colors and max ink usage was 180% (profile from roland 230%). So everything looked great but... but this profile has only 720x720 dpi printing quality and no RIPC:( 720x720 is too much- machine is slow- about 4-5 m2/h, 320(or520)x720 makes 9m2/h. It's quite good. So now or I can wait for new profiles from my machine seller, or call for profiling (very expensive) or try to use built-in Versa profiles or try to work with nice profiles from SJ (my friend has few made specially for him). But if it doesn't work, I've to think about something else:(
I'll try to use original profiles after upgrading Versa, maybe colors would be better, we'll see:) And I'll try to make some experiments with head speed, maybe it's gonna print faster:)
however thanks for all replies-I'll be watching this forum- it's a nice place full of usefull info:)
regards
Karol

You may want to go from PrePress US to Max Impact - below where you get the profile list on Versaworks...this put down more ink and allow you to up the speed a bit...hope it helps.