• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sj645ex head fuse -holder

mrsoliver

I just paid $220 to have a fuse replaced - lasted a day and blew again - most likely need a new printhead - but do want to invest in another fuse. It looks like the vs and xt printers use a fuse holder - I was wondering if I could replace the old fuse with fuse holder from one of the newer printers with the right fuse. thanx for the info - Scott

FrankW

The fuses are the same, but I'm not shure if the soldering points on the older boards could match with the fuse holder of the new machines.

If you are able to think about soldering a fuse holder on a mainboad, you should be able to solder a fuse only on your mainboard yourself in minutes.

Be aware: more often than the head the head cables are the problem who blows the fuses (wrong connected or damaged).

mrsoliver

Fuse Holder

That is the point - I do most of the work on the printers -except for the electrical. From what I have read pulling the fuse off is not an easy task. My plan was to have three of the fuse holders soldered on - so if and when a fuse blows they will be easy to replace = thanks Scott - anyone else on soldering a fuse holder down