Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sj645ex head fuse -holder

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mrsoliver, Aug 11, 2012.

1. mrsoliver

mrsoliver Member

May 4, 2009
    Riverside CA
    I just paid $220 to have a fuse replaced - lasted a day and blew again - most likely need a new printhead - but do want to invest in another fuse. It looks like the vs and xt printers use a fuse holder - I was wondering if I could replace the old fuse with fuse holder from one of the newer printers with the right fuse. thanx for the info - Scott

Tags:
  2. FrankW

FrankW Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Switzerland
    The fuses are the same, but I'm not shure if the soldering points on the older boards could match with the fuse holder of the new machines.

If you are able to think about soldering a fuse holder on a mainboad, you should be able to solder a fuse only on your mainboard yourself in minutes.

Be aware: more often than the head the head cables are the problem who blows the fuses (wrong connected or damaged).

3. mrsoliver

mrsoliver Member

May 4, 2009
    Riverside CA
    Fuse Holder

That is the point - I do most of the work on the printers -except for the electrical. From what I have read pulling the fuse off is not an easy task. My plan was to have three of the fuse holders soldered on - so if and when a fuse blows they will be easy to replace = thanks Scott - anyone else on soldering a fuse holder down