• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Skewed contour cuts (feed) only with crop marks (SP-300V)

IsItFasst

Not sure what's going on. I think this may be a problem with Flexi since I have been having all kinds of issues with the software/and my hardware since upgrading to Cloud. And this problem just started happening after a recent update. But want to make sure I'm not overlooking something wrong with my machine.

If I do print/cut as one job the machine prints/cuts perfectly. But when laminating and I put the material back in the cuts are WAY off. Same results if I just separate the jobs with no lamination. It seems to find the crop marks just fine with no errors. The cut seems to be fine at the end of the sheet (back) but they are way off at the front of the sheet. This is only with the feed. Scan looks perfect. It seems that after it checks the placement of the crop marks it seems to think the overall cut area needs to be about a 1/2 inch or so longer than it needs to be. So by the time it gets to the decals at the front of the sheet they are off by a half an inch where only part of the decal is cut (because the rest of the cut would be in front of the crop marks). My wording is a little misleading since it actually starts cutting that part incorrectly at the front the sheet first and ends up correct at the end of the sheet. This is a 14 inch sheet too so I'm not talking about a giant sheet of decals. I have noticed that even if I print something with about 7 inches of feed then it is off by about 1/4 inch at the start. I'm guessing the cuts will be off more the longer the print.

Been trying to figure this out all weekend since I have orders that needed to go out Friday that I can't get laminated. Appreciate any input someone may have.

DizzyMarkus

Have you tried other files?

Have you cleaned the encoder strip?

Have you done the print/cut alignment lines in the menu to adjust?

Markus

IsItFasst

Have you tried other files?

Have you cleaned the encoder strip?

Have you done the print/cut alignment lines in the menu to adjust?

Markus

Thanks for the suggestions Markus.

I have tried other files with the same results. The only file that worked properly was the very first file that was in my production manager queue. All others (about 20 test prints using various files and or just simple boxes drawn up) after that one have done the exact same thing.

While I haven't cleaned the encoder strip since this started happening, I don't feel that is the issue since that is based on the scan/width and that part is cutting fine. It seems to be more of a feed setting. I suppose I will clean it since it has been a few months (not a real heavy user here).

The alignment print/test is working properly. Even when it was slightly off in the past when I last made an adjustment it wasn't anywhere close to being off this much.

CrAkD

i just fixed this same issue on mine by going into the service menu and adjusting the crop mark adjustment. now it cuts exact when reading crop marks.

IsItFasst

Okay, I'll try cleaning the eye. Already cleaned the encoder strip with no help. But for you guys that cleaning the eye fixed it, it was still reading the crop marks properly with it dirty? Was the voltage for eye correct when reading them? Mine seems to be working fine (reads right a 2.5v) which I figure if it's dirty would read incorrectly. But years ago when the voltage was low it wouldn't even read the crop marks at all.

What is odd it that certain prints in my PM queue will cut right each time while the other ones always cut wrong. This leads me more and more to believe it to be software issue but cleaning the eye is part of maintenance that I have neglected for a while. Thanks for the input guys.

IsItFasst

Update: As I suspected it did end up being a software issue. Though it wasn't a software update problem/glitch as I thought. It seems that some erratic setting was being put to the default production manager setting anytime I opened this one particular file. So if I printed anything after opening that one file it was shown the same problems as the #1 problem file. Still not sure what this setting is but at least I am back printing as normal. Thanks again for all the input everyone!