• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Skip print color with Edge edge

Awd_GT

Is there a way after sending a job to my gerber Edge LE from omega software to skip a color from printing.
For example I will be printing on white vinyl but I designed with the color white in it then forgot to uncheck the box for printing because I am in a rush (or forgetful). So I send it to the printer and after printing 3 colors, now the white comes up but that is the color of my vinyl. Now if I still have other colors to print I don’t want to cancel the whole job. Not sure if there is a way to override or skip the color after the file has been sent to the edge.
Thanks.

AKwrapguy

Just take the foil out and hit print maybe? Depends on which edge you have you could also bypass the lid latch to think that the machine good to go and hot print that way.

FunkotronXL

Prior to starting the job use the setup button on the printer to scroll through the sensor settings. You'll need to set the cover sensor and foil sensor to "off" using the slew arrow keys (make sure to turn these back to "on" after you finish your print), leave the vinyl sensor turned on.

You can then leave the cover open with no foil loaded when it calls for white, the printer will act like it is printing and the foil motors will still turn.

Warning: if any of the foils you are using run out mid-print, the printer will not stop automatically because the foil sensor has been disabled. This can severely damage your printhead if left unattended.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
HIT HOME BEFORE PRINTING 2+ COLOR PRINTS!! Get use to doing this and it will help you in the future.

This is what I do....
1. Home
2. Load / Adjust vinyl if needed
3. Print

Now why hit home you ask? Just for such an occasion...

1. Print job up to your white color
2. Cancel job
3. Hit home
4. Adjust vinyl
5. Adjust print order to have the other colors that you have not printed yet to print 1st
6. Print missing colors
7. Cancel when you get to colors you have already printed