• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slow down cutter - Craft Robo 200CC

Jense

Hi friends,

I have a Graphtec Craft Robo 200 CC, and I want it to go slower.

The standard cutting speed is between 10 mm / sec. and 100 mm / sec.

I would like to make it 1/10th of that, for instance.

Any way to do that?

Cut the power to 24 volts? (we have 240 volts here...) - just kidding!:Cool 2:

Thanks for your attention!

BR

Jense

advsign22

Please introduce yourself and tell us about you. Then I am sure someone will try and help you.

What kind of work are you trying to do with a small cutter? Home Project or Business?

Ken

Jense

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your interest! I hope you´re right

I am doing professional work, developing products made from plastic foil - so to make prototypes I have mounted a heat source to weld the plastic. I need to slow down the machine in order to make it happen. I have made som work-arounds, but slowing the machine down would be much better!

I also make signs for customers and my own company, but this part is not my main source of income :D (or else I think I would need some more hardware).

Here is from my public profile (press my name if you are not aware of this :))

About Jense
Locations
Copenhagen, Denmark
Company
individual
Work Description
Prototypes
Position
Industrial designer
Plotters & Printers
Graphtec Craft Robo 200
Signmaking & Graphics Software
Corel Draw 9

Very best regards,

Jense

Rodi

From the manual for the 200-20

Cutting your design
To perform cutting using the Craft ROBO, the sequence of operations shown below must be
performed: [Create data (a design)] → [Make the cutline settings] → [Cut]
The [Create data (a design)] and [Make the cutline settings] operations are performed using Craft
ROBO-compatible software such as ROBO Master.
When these operations have been completed, follow the steps below to cut out the design.
(1) Turn on the power to the Craft ROBO, and check that the Standby switch lamp is lit (blue).
(2) Start up the Craft ROBO Controller from Craft ROBO-compatible software such as ROBO
Master. (See Section 3.3," Starting up the Craft ROBO Controller".)
(3) Select your media type from the "Media Type" drop-down box. (See "Media Type" in Section
3.5, "Craft ROBO Controller Settings".)
(4) Replace the blade adjustment cap on the blade holder with a cap in the color that is displayed
in the "Blade Adjustment Cap" indicator. (See "Blade Adjustment Cap" in Section 3.5, "Craft
ROBO Controller Settings".)
(5) Adjust the cutting conditions.
Select the "Adjust Settings" check box, and then perform test cutting to determine the optimum
conditions by changing the "Speed", "Thickness", "Blade Adjustment Cap" and other settings.
(See "Blade Adjustment Cap", "Adjust Settings", and "Test Cut" in Section 3.5, "Craft ROBO
Controller Settings".)

(6) Set the Design Orientation by referring to the illustration of the plotter in the upper right corner.
(If the Controller is started up from ROBO Master, the Design Orientation is set automatically.)
(See "Design Orientation in Section 3.5.)
(7) Load media in the Craft ROBO.
(8) If required, change the origin by using the "Blade Position" and "Set Origin" buttons. (See
"Blade Position" and "Set Origin" in Section 3.5, "Craft ROBO Controller Settings".)
(9) Click the "Cut" button to start cutting. (See "Cut" in Section 3.5, "Craft ROBO Controller
Settings".)
(10) If cutting is not performed correctly, adjust the cutting conditions.
Select the "Adjust Settings" check box, and then perform test cutting to determine the optimum
conditions by changing the "Speed", "Thickness", "Blade Adjustment Cap" and other settings.
(See "Blade Adjustment Cap", "Adjust Settings", and "Test Cut" in Section 3.5, "Craft ROBO
Controller Settings".)

Jense

Hi Rodi,

Thanks for your reply!

I have the manual, and as my question indicates, I have no problem making the standard speed adjustments between 10 and 100 mm / sec. I would like to change the cutting speed to 1/10th so I can cut with a speed between 1 and 10 mm/ sec.

And why? Because I am welding plastic film, and the speed is to high now, it doesn't melt. I use a work-around having the machine going like a zipper instead of a straight line, but this is timeconsuming when making the drawings. The best way would be to slow down the cutter.

My guess is that I need some other software or some script... Not that I know a lot about this... which is why I turn to you friendly folks :)

BR

Jense

Jense

Now Graphtec told me, that it is not possible to change the speed to "anything other than programmed"...

Which is maybe not very surprising...

So does anybody have a clue how to "programme" a slower speed... ???

:thankyou: