• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slow down!!!

Mac34

Hi!

I have a 30" Summa T-Series cutter, and I was curious as to how to control the speed of it? I know how to adjust the cutting force and cutting speed of course, but how do you control the rate at which the cutter advances the vinyl back and forth? I'm working on cutting out logos for a box truck, and there are pretty long runs of 30" material. The cutter will advance the material back and forth to make its cuts, but it does it SO fast it is causing the vinyl to bunch up in the back and causes an axis error. I'm not using a media takeup reel or anything, just cutting what I need off of the roll and feeding it into the machine. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm hoping to get a good jump on this job this evening. Thank you!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Settings>General>Autoload

Turn that on - need to set it for each "material / user" profile as well. When on - when you send a cut job, it will slowly prefeed material the length of the job before it starts. Still advances fast when actually cutting but then it only has to pull the slack in the material instead of jerking against the entire roll.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Cutting Issue

Hello Mac34,

Sounds like you may need to reduce the velocity setting. This can be done by clicking settings on the main menu, then selecting velocity in detail, then selecting velocity. Try reducing the velocity by 100mm/sec, and see if this helps.

If you are still experiencing issues, it would be good for you to speak with one of our technicians.

Here's the number to reach them -
Summa Technical Support
(800) 323-9766

Hope this helps!

Best,

Phil