• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slow printing/pausing on high speed setting

shudson77

I am trying to print full-color banners on high speed and before they printed very quickly. Now they print one run...pause...print...pause. I upgraded my computer to a dual processor which the rip process is very quick...but I have this new problem. Any advice?

Sticky Signs

I'm not sure. I get the same problem sometimes but it only seems to happen on large files. Not sure where the backup is happening. Can someone enlighten us?

HeavyHitter

I had the same issue a couple years ago. The issue I had was with the cable connecting the printer to the computer. I installed a network card in my computer and connected direct to the printer with a cross over cable. No problems since.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Steph_Stamm

Using a router to connect computers to printers can sometimes cause a pause like you described. If this is the case, you might want to try using a cable to directly connect it to the printer instead.

Bly

I had the same issue a couple years ago. The issue I had was with the cable connecting the printer to the computer. I installed a network card in my computer and connected direct to the printer with a cross over cable. No problems since.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Same thing happened to me. I swapped cables and it solved the problem