• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small bubbles in over laminate

Goatshaver

I posted this in another thread because I'm under the gun with this.

This is driving me nuts. I didn't have this issue until recently and it's showing up in everything. You can see the smaller bubbles (silvering?) I've increased tension on the supply roll, it's a cold lam so I can't put heat to it.

What can I do? I'm tired of throwing away materials.

Attachments

• IMG_20190123_125920-2.jpg
    IMG_20190123_125920-2.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 384

2B

yes, that appears to be silvering.

heat will help, during and post.
time if going to be the biggest help

Is the material the same temp when the lamination is done?
we have seen issues if they are different temps

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I posted this in another thread because I'm under the gun with this.

This is driving me nuts. I didn't have this issue until recently and it's showing up in everything. You can see the smaller bubbles (silvering?) I've increased tension on the supply roll, it's a cold lam so I can't put heat to it.

What can I do? I'm tired of throwing away materials.

That should go away if you put it outside for a few. You can still use heat on that lam, just dont go over 100 degrees.

Goatshaver

That should go away if you put it outside for a few. You can still use heat on that lam, just dont go over 100 degrees.
Outside in 30 degrees weather?! lol I put them near a heat source and warmed them up and it went away. Definitely due to cold weather.