• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Caps in Illustrator

GP

Is there an easy way to produce small caps in Illustrator. I have been taking a cap and manually reducing the size (which I just learned is called "superscripting").

I finally noticed the reduced stroke width. I guess I can manually increase the stroke on the small caps to match the larger cap, but that seems like a lot of work.

Curious-
GP

GK

In your type palette there is a little drop down in the upper right that has options in it. Select the Small Caps option from it.

GK

Here:

Attachments

• smallcaps.jpg
    smallcaps.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 156

GP

wahoooo....

It would have taken me years to find that. And I would have felt REALLY dumb than. Instead of just kinda dumb now!

Thanks Signs101 and thanks GK.

GP

GK

wahoooo....

It would have taken me years to find that. And I would have felt REALLY dumb than. Instead of just kinda dumb now!

Thanks Signs101 and thanks GK.

GP

Just don't forget to disable it when you are done, it does not come off after you are done using the type tool, you have to manually do it.