• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Decals Question

Christian @ 2CT Media

That is the drop size.... These machines are not designed for micro detail prints. The 360 should fair better with the optimizer, but it still has the large drop size at 12pl but with the optimizer they are more uniform and less blurred.

dan1942

Ok Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that I would get
The same picture quality that we are getting on our old Roland.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You should get the same if not better in some situations, the problem is these machines are not designed to print 1/8" text or smaller.

But many people have fixed the issue by building custom profiles relying heavily on the light inks to compensate. Mileage may vary.

I don't do a lot of micro printing on my machine but do a lot of detailed photos and it can handle them really well.

parrott

We had an L360 installed last week and have spent a few days writing profiles for most of our media. Even when fine tuned to the best of our ability, there is no comparison to the quality on our old GS6000. Like others have said, 12pl is a large drop size and it is noticeable on this machine. We knew going in that we were sacrificing some quality for more durability, but I am already beginning to wonder if that was a good idea. So far I am not overly impressed with the speed or quality on this machine but hopefully that will change.