• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small ink dots dripping on banner material

J

john1

Using 13 oz ultraflex matte banner. I keep getting small drip spots on the edges, if it's on one edge it's on the other directly across. Every once and a while there will be a few drops in the middle area but mainly on the edges.

This particular job was a 100% K black banner and it had blue drips.

I don't notice this on vinyl just banner material.

Thanks!

Roland Versacamm 300i with OEM inks.

Attachments

• Photo May 01, 4 32 13 PM.jpg
    Photo May 01, 4 32 13 PM.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 143

cptcorn

adad
It's the result of the head pinking up a piece of lint. The ink collects on the fiber then runs down, dripping onto the media.

Even though you set 100% K in your file, your rip will interpersonal the color and balance the ink load out using all of the colors. If you want to avoid this turn of all color management within your RIP software.

miker

Ultraflex (and most scrim banner) tend to have a little fuzz on the edges of the roll that will wipe against the bottom of the jet plates and cause little drops like this. You can take a propane torch or lighter and hit the ends of the roll for a split second and burn them away.

J

john1

This is what i figured but wasn't sure.

I printed 12 banners the past 2 days so i guess this did it.

Thank you guys!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
After a run of banners you should check your print head and capping station for those hairs even if you don't see any drips. Those things can build up enough to keep the cap from sealing the head when it is parked.
Flashlight, tweezers, swabs & a little cleaning solution after a banner print.

wayne k
guam usa

J

john1

Cleaned the machine yesterday and ran another banner, No drips.

Thanks guys!