• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small PVC Letter help

Routerguy

Hey guys I could use some info, I have a customer that wants some text that is .5-.75" tall cut out of .5" thick PVC. That alone is a bit of an issue as my 1/8" router bit will not fit into some of the details. I was thinking of going 1/16" bit but am not sure if its worth it becuase they want rowmark mounted to the top so it looks like a metal face.
Has anyone done very small letters like this on a 3 axis router before and had luck?

Jake

SignManiac

Duct tape with super glue works well for me. The problem is getting the letters off the duct tape. I sometimes use Paul Newmans salad dressing as a releasing agent.

i prefer to use kraft dressing as a release agent as it is much more cost effective than designer dressings for the production shop but i can definitely understand using designer dressings in a more custom shop environment.