• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Streaks in the Black

Graphicdetailsinc

I have notices small consistant streaks in the black printing on my mutoh falcon outdoor 6 color machine. I have included pics of the nozzle check and a close up of a registration mark. I have broken down the machine and cleaned the heds and even looked at them super close, and there are no hairs and or dust on them, and i still get this consistantly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, when i hit shift and the key to print the test print, it does nothing....like it isnt in the memory anymore......

Attachments

• 100_1883.jpg
    100_1883.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_1887.JPG
    100_1887.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 87

Graphicdetailsinc

oh by the way i have also done many powerfl head cleanings and printed about 75 feet by 4feet worth of print since i noticed this, and it has not improved or gotten worse.

schurms

What is your black set at? Meaning maybe the file your printing is too much ink. Also check and see what your black is set at in file , It should be 30c30m100k, That should give you a nice dense black and will eliminate your problem. If you very much from that black formula you will get what you have in pic.

MacDaddy

Clean Clean Clean

Clean the Encoder Strip with a lint free cloth... Your Nozzle Check has some issues in the Black... Make sure you put the head in the 'low' position when performin the powerful cleaning... Check the 'wiper' and make sure it is clean... It looks to me like you may have some miss=directed nozzles... Clean Clean Clean...

Jackpine

Clean around the print heads with a foam swab and cleaning solution. You may have a "fuzz" on the edges or the print head. Clean the wiper or better yet replace it. They are cheap and wear out.

Graphicdetailsinc

I have cleaned the heads with a swab and the bottum of them looks like new, here is a better shot of what the black is doing. Thanks all for the reply's and i hope we can get this resolved!

Attachments

• 100_1892.jpg
    100_1892.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 95

randya

I have cleaned the heads with a swab and the bottum of them looks like new, here is a better shot of what the black is doing. Thanks all for the reply's and i hope we can get this resolved!

These look like primarily, deflected nozzles.
Either from damage, or more likely dried ink near the edge of the nozzles themselves.

Take some clean room wipes (non-shedding) fold them over, wet them with cleaning solution, lower the capping station and move the carriage out, place the wet wipes over the caps, mover the carriage over the caps covered with the wet wipes and raise the capping station so that the bottom of the heads makes contact with wet wipes.

Rewet the wipes every 15 minutes for an hour or two and immediately do a strong clean or two and nozzles check again.

The idea is to get enough cleaning solvent on the 'dried ink' around the nozzles to soften it up and get it removed.

Do make sure you have good clean wipers.
A dirty wiper will just smear all that dirt across the bottom of the head an into the nozzles.

Normally, the wiper is the ONLY thing that should contact the bottom of the head, so use caution. (i.e. you probably want to power down the machine for soaking).

msenjur

i'm having the same problem! yesterday the mutoh mechanic came, and he said i will probably have to get new printing head, becouse black nozzles are broken.

So, i'm wondering, did he just try to sell me a new print head, or he doesn't know for that souliton, washing with wet wipes???

how much damage could there be, if i try to wash it myself?

randya

how much damage could there be, if i try to wash it myself?

Everyone who owns a piezo printer should learn how to do this.

Power the machine off, keep the wipes wet, dont pour too much cleaning solution all over the place (use a syringe or dropper to rewet the clothes).
And just be careful not to abraid the surface of the head.

If you damage the nozzles the head will have to be replaced, if you cant clean it up the head will have to be replaced. Now would seem to be the time to practice.

msenjur

hm... i come from Slovenia, so i'm not that good in english, and don't understand some terms!

i don't understan abraid (you mean scratch?)

how excaly should i do this? i put wet wipes under head, souked with cleaning flud (the one, that i got with printer?), and then what? how do i press wipes on head?

randya

Yes, I mean scratch.

The wipes should be placed on the caps in the capping station.
In the Falcon I series just move the carriage out of the capping station and place the wipes on the caps and move the carriage back to the capping station.

In the Falcon II series (and some others) the caps MUST be lowered manually, the wipes placed over the caps and the carriage moved back to the capping station and the caps then raised (released).

msenjur

ok.

so when i will move head back in capping station, head won't scratch with wipes?
and when i do that, i just leave it for one hour? (and switching on 15min)

randya

ok.

so when i will move head back in capping station, head won't scratch with wipes?
and when i do that, i just leave it for one hour? (and switching on 15min)

That's correct.
Just move carefully, and make sure that the edges of the wipe are down over the caps.
Leave the machine off.
Gently move the head away every 15 minutes and place a few more drops on the cleaning cloth and then move it back into position.

You may want to remove the top cover to get a bit better view.