• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small T slot cutter

skjeflo

Looking for a source for a t-slot cutter for a menu sign, so that the client can slide in new prices, menu items etc. This would be made from 6mm Sintra.

Belin makes one that would do the job (18015) but would require us to cut the center portion out first, then cut the slots with the Belin tool after a tool change. Looking for a one bit solution, if thats possible.

Overall Dia. = 1.000"
Slot height = 0.0625"
Open space on face of sign = 0.75"

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Slot Cut.jpg
    Slot Cut.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 123

SebastienL

If you must go with the slot in sintra, look for a machineshop supplier in your area, they should hve a tool like that. Probably will cost a pretty penny too.

But what you are planning to do is not going to work. Once you cut a slot in 1/4" sintra as you describe, the sintra is going to curl like crazy.

Why not just glue slider rail on the panel. these are available in different thichnesses and are designed for that purpose.... and are cheaper than the tool you want.

:thumb:

sarge

i am wondering if you could get a router bit that can do that .. if not .. why not cut it .. the slider will cover the seam