• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smart Phones.... Need to Pick one

D2S

have you looked at sprint? they have the htc touch/ hero (android). i have the original instinct. which i will be upgrading to the new instinct hd. i jsut like the sprint nav plus if you get the data plan you get free mobile to mobile. on any network. plus i used to have some kind of business plan where they don't charge you form incoming calls. but not sure if that is covered on the data plan...
good luck in your search.. :)
Do you have your own domain name email going to your instinct? my biggest gripe is I cant send emails from designstosigns.com email where if I was using Yahoo or Gmail it would be no problem

S

scarface

i have the droid and i LOVE IT.

Would not buy another phone currently, no issues at all. This phone does everything but digital printing lol

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have had the storm...hated it.

And I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I have the Storm, and I love it.

I have only had one problem, where the camera locked up for some reason, and I had to take the battery out. Other than that, no problems what so ever.

The one thing that I did do, when I got it, I had done a lot of research, and was leaning toward the Tour, but I couldn't press those little buttons in the store. The sales girl showed me about turning the storm on the side to get a full QWERTY keyboard, and also told me to take it home for a week, and get a list of questions, then come back in for training.

They stood there for about 45 min and told me all the ins and outs of using the phone...little tricks, like closing apps, rather than just "backing" out of them. That is what causes it to lock up, and I haven't had any problems....

R08

I've got the Samsung Omnia. I does pretty much everything an Iphone does but the interface is not as good.The big thing for me is the 5 mp camera which is great for a sign guy. It has the fast internet (3G). Checks my emails automatically ( if I want it to) Lots of memory. It uses windows mobile pro. It has a mini mouse pad which works very well when you need to click on small points on a web page.

omgsideburns

iPhone.

switched from a winmo phone and haven't looked back.. only droid phones have enticed me but when it comes down to it the iphone works better for me. (and i'm not an apple fan boy by any means, and i hate cell phones)

jiarby

omnia2 comes out Dec2... seems like the really cool thing is coming out later. Sony is making an XPERIA in Q1-2010.
I am leaning towards a Storm2, or Eris on a 1yr contract. But may stay with TMO for one more year on a Cliq, Behold2, or HTC Touch PRo

KevSign

Get HTC TouchPro 2 for T-mobile and HTC Tilt 2 for ATT (Windows Mobile) you can custom your Operating software (ROM) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=490 very nice interface software. Very boring with ATT or Tmobile the way phone software look. ROM Flash from XDA-Development had all tool for window mobile 6.5.3. I had total 3 HTC in 4 yrs.

Go with HTC with custom ROM you will flash!!

WDP

Left iphone to get a better service provider and better phone, cheaper plan, and flash enable phone. HTC Hero!

I miss my iphone but i can actually do more on my hero now I've realized ~ go figure.

Doyle

i revoke my comment... wait for verizons 4G
Don't hold your breath on that one. It is coming, but at fist it will be focused on mobile broadband users, and will only be available in major metropolitan areas. Another 3 or 4 years and we will probably see smartphones with 4G and a larger coverage area.

grafxxx

Do you have your own domain name email going to your instinct? my biggest gripe is I cant send emails from designstosigns.com email where if I was using Yahoo or Gmail it would be no problem

yes i use it sometimes but you have to download a program form sprint. but i also use yahoo for my pop3 mail (my domain email) plus using yahoo it lets me choose between accounts. you'll need to have your system on at all times to check mail if your using the desktop connector from sprint (i think that is what the program is called) if you goto mysprint and sign in they ahae a bunch of tools there.