• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smoked Transparent Vinyl

AGO

Hey All! I have been working on smoked lights for cars for many years now but the only transparent vinyl I can find is from Oracal. Great product but it only gives me the ability to choose between 2 colors. I have seen competitors start offering darker shades but can't find out who the manufacturer is. Does anyone know of other transparent vinyls? I look forward to your responses, thanks!

AGO

Ok, interesting. I have seen several people selling "unbranded" vinyl lately. If you ask them they obviously won't tell you who makes it. Not sure if you have experienced it, but many customers are looking for something darker than what we offer now. I also don't like that the oracal material is branded on the backing paper. I wish it also had more of a charcoal tone to it opposed to the brownish tone it can give off.

splizaat

8300. We double it up if it needs to be super dark, although it gives off a silverish appearance in certain lighting up close.

Even tho it's not cast, it heats and stretches surprisingly well.

rjssigns

Use tinted automotive clear coat. This allows you to make as dark or light as the client demands. Super durable too.

AGO

Thanks rjssigns, I do agree that the automotive clear is a great way to tint lights. I looks great too. However, I am looking for materials that I can remove from lights if needed. Vinyl is great for people if they need their lights returned to stock.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
lets see, make people's lo-rider, fuzzy dice, rattle box import, tail lights darker so i can ram them and watch my insurance go up. Awesome.

401Graphics

I got tinted tail lights and window tint on my car. Cops don't stop me for it. However I did get stopped for speeding, and the cop told me the window tint was illegal, i just played dumb and said i would remove it. never did. and if i had to it would be back on the car with in a few days.

Attachments

• 428602_10150535301790388_574976290_n (2).jpg
    428602_10150535301790388_574976290_n (2).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 75

watchdaride

expel make a 12 mil one great for the lights with curves and a bit darker than oracale . Price also 40X more than oracale though but saves time . Will go around any corner easily dpoing an altima tomorrow . Will post a pic later .