• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

*Snicker*

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Long term outdoor durability for printed graphics is only available with certified 3M Scotchprinted graphics, or with graphics done using Thermal printing. 3M Certified Scotchprint with MCS will yield a minimum of 7 years durability against deterioration due to temperature and UV rays. Thermal printing will give you a minimum of 5 years durability. Inexpensively printed graphics using NON 3M INKS with an overlaminate can only last a couple years, for the most part. Below are samples of trucks printed using "other" printing systems. The INKS are the key, and if the INKS are not UV resistant, then the PRINT will not be LONG TERM UV resistant, despite the overlamination. Inexpensive vinyl substrate will also show rapid deterioration when exposed to UV rays."[/FONT]

from

www.theimagemakers.com/failedvinyl3.html

looooooool at this whole website... pretty opinionated.

C

ColoPrinthead

The "O"s at a 45 degree angle really mess with my head.

CanuckSigns

lol, nothing like setting your customers up to be disappointed!

"My customers NEVER have this kind of problem with their printed graphics...even after 10 or more years on the road, much less 4 years!!!"

10 years and they still look brand new, somehow I doubt that.

More like "I offer a 10 year warrantee on all products, because i change my company name every 5 years"

J

john1

There is a stupid liquor store locally that prints "signs" for a restaurant on non-laminated aqueous printed material. His "signs" are so dull and faded. It's funny that a higher end restaurant uses low end signage. They serve expensive wines and all that jazz at this place.

CanuckSigns

There is a stupid liquor store locally that prints "signs" for a restaurant on non-laminated aqueous printed material. His "signs" are so dull and faded. It's funny that a higher end restaurant uses low end signage.

Have you contacted them and shown them that you can offer a better product? They may think that it's normal for prints to fade after a month.

Drop off a few printed samples, tell him to put them in the same conditions as his existing signs and he can see the difference himself.

J

john1

They said "I know they don't last but it just gives me a reason to change up my signs every few months"

Not even worth my time to persue that type of customer.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
lol which liquor store? I avoid them like the plague, since they "get all their signs for free from budweiser" ect...