• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Snow Dots"

Hielorojo

Hello there,any advice for avoid these "snow dots" when we printing with our Gerber??
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 145

scott pagan

it may be dust on the media before it's printed. if it was a long streak it could be a dirty printhead, easily cleaned with the Gerber alcohol wipes.

i have to keep a clean desk, and clean the media hold wipers pretty regular to help avoid static and dust from clinging to the media as it's fed into the printer. i also keep a rainbow pack of Sharpies for the micro dots as needed :)

Hielorojo

it may be dust on the media before it's printed. if it was a long streak it could be a dirty printhead, easily cleaned with the Gerber alcohol wipes.

i have to keep a clean desk, and clean the media hold wipers pretty regular to help avoid static and dust from clinging to the media as it's fed into the printer. i also keep a rainbow pack of Sharpies for the micro dots as needed :)

Thank you mate, how do you clean the media before priting?? With Iso?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Make a filled rectangle 11.75" tall by 3" wide in Composer and save it. Open and run it any time you've just turned your Edge on before you print anything else. This will serve to evenly heat up your print head which will result in most or all drop outs not happening.

Billct2

What they said
Warm the head first and keep the media clean.
Occasionally you will get a little imperfection in the vinyl that will leave a dot too.
Depending on the color & the use it's possible to touch up with a sharpie